+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Meditation

Went to meditate on Tuesday. Practically walked the whole East Coast park 20 times. It was there I discovered the 5 Truths: The Gift of Inner Sight, the Joys of Utter Silence, the Power of Proper Posture, the Truth of Spellcasting, and the Need for Patience and Tolerance. The Lord of the Waters gave me a test for each Truth (which Gaia helped me along). Guess what? I passed 4 tests, except for one of them. I will elaborate on that later.

It was raining the whole day. And I could not look at my watch (it was part of the test.) . And when you do not have your watch time seemed to move very very slowly. So slowly it was painful. But after each test something miraculous happened. After the fourth test the rain stopped, as if celebratting for me. The rain give me insight (although it gave me sores in my pelvis too.) and guided me to the truth.

The first test was when I started meditating on the wavebreaker. It was required that I looked at the sea horizon, which I cannot. It was too brillant for my naked eyes to see. I just cannot open my eyes completely to see the horizons. After which it rained, and I got off the wavebreaker and started walking aimlessly. It was then I discovered the Gift of Inner Sight: When you see with the heart you can see everything. The eyes can only see so much. My reward was that I finally can see the horizons with my eyes fully opened. It was beautiful.

The second test started when I started speaking to myself. I have this nasty habit of saying my thoughts out. This habit brought much confusion in my mind. When I discovered the Joys of Utter Silence, my whole mind brillanced and I felt peace for the first time in my life. Silence brings peace to the confused mind, like the light in the darkness. Only to embrace loneliness can one find true peace. I went to the beach and found my reward: A delta forming right befor my very eyes! It was amazing! The waters carry sediments as it flows downwards and it dries up and form finger-like projections. It was very nice. It was there I find out a sub-truth: The Value of Demise. Everything have to die or persih, it is the Law. For when one dies, one lives, and it is far more beautiful then anything imagined, for it is life. Death begats life. I endured the rain to watch the full formation of the Delta.

It was then I had the third test. I had to go to the toliet because of the long wait to see the delta. And the only toliet is 1 km away. It was so cold, so painful, and I used Inner Fire on myself by doing the Sacred Sign of Inner Fire. I failed to cast it. Why? Has magic forsaken me because of my long periods of not using it? It was then I realised the Truth of Spellcasting: It is the heart that summons the spell. the ritual focuses the mind, and the mind channels the spell. Symbols and signs can only do so much. I recast Inner Fire, but this time it walked and my body warmed up. I reach the toliet in no time. I guess that was my reward.

The Fourth test was not really noticable. When I was have the third test I did notice that if I have a good posture I think more straight and more focused, and that my body responds better. The Power of Proper Posture is found: Posture is life, for the world sees you everyday, and it is your only shiled, blood flows in a fixed direction, and is your duty to give it the path of least resistance. my reward was to see some Malay surfer wannabes trying to surf. They take their board and tries to ski past the edge of the beach. Some times they succeed, some times they fail. But they are having hell of a time. And so was I. then there was this two guys triing to get cocnuts form a coconut tree. After much attempts to get the coconuts by throwing another cocnut at it, the guys accidentally found the solution: pull of the leaf that connects all the cocnuts together. They did it and they porceeded to break the cocnut by throwing it at the wavebreaker. After a very, very long time, under torrental rains, they did it, and they left. I guess the cocnut did not have juices which they have expected. But they sure entertained me.

The fifth test was after the fourth test. I was for me to wait until sunrise ans sunrise was to be my reward. This might sound easy, but without looking at the watch it is not. It was very painful and very grueling, because of fatique and sores on my pelvis (I walked the whole time.) Then came the resolution: I was to stand on apole till the sunrise, and I cannot touch the floor. It was then I discovered the Need for Patience and Tolerance: Both are painful things to do, but what they spawn is far more beautifl and rewarding. I was filled with the power to tolerate, but my bladder unfortunately isn't, but my faith was strong. But the sun still did not rise. may bladder was too full. So I jumped down the pole and promtly failed the test. The punishmnet was the finding the toliet part. It was a painful experience due to all the sores and blisters and fatique. past 12 o' clock, it is near impossible to find a toliet. I walked like 2-3km just to find a toilet. After which I lose it and looked at the clock: it was 4 am, 3 hrs before the sunrise.

The punishment got worse. I ate breakfast at Mcdonalds at 6, and the sunrise did not help my nauseousness. I felt like vomiting my Egg Mcmuffin out of my mouth. The blue sunrise make me want to puke. After swallowing my breakfast i proceeded by rushing back home. I do not know how I survived the 168 ride, which was terribly cold, and my wet windbreaker did not help much.

Well, thats that. The truths will help me in my life. I am sure of it! But for anyone who wants to got to East Coast, you must bring 1 umbrella, 1 towel, 1 extra set of clothes (especially pants and underwear.)

Cheers!




The fifth test


alexangelos made an imprint at 11/27/2004 11:20:00 PM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011