Yesterday is chu yi, the first day of the lunar new year, and we got a lot of things to do!.First, we wished our parents a happy new year to find my dad has forgottened to zip up.
we missed the first bus 30 and have to in the end wait for 20 mins for another one.
Then we went to the temple and squeezed through tons of people who looked very glum about what they were doing. I'm hot, sweaty and want to get out of here, like all of them. Push and push fellow believers. So rude. With so much insincerity going on, how are the gods going to bless them? And those Taiwan and Hong Kong poeple are mad. They stepped on each other just to get the first joss stick on the sandpit. Talk about insincerity! They are really bonkers! How will the god of fortune think?
Then we went to my godmoms house which I gave a percentage of my first pay to her, and this made her very happy. Great. All of them complimented me for my new hairstyle and tthey said that I've changed alot since I was young. Finally! Someone in this world saying that I have changed! Have a nice meal of KFC before that though.
Mom has this lucky sweets that she got from the temple and she is like pestering us to eat from the temple to the KFC. Well, now, the sweets have not found its way into any of our mouths yet.
Then we went to my second uncles house which every goes because that's where my grandmom and granddad is. Well, they complimented about my hair and I get funny questions like 'what have you done to your hair?' (the ans is obvious: I've dyed it.) Anyway, the compliments were plenty and my grandmom says that I looked like a ang mo. Anyway again, my grandmom makes the most wonderful popiah in Singapore and one of the highlights of new year is to come to her house to eat it.
It's a pity that we left grandmom's house a bit too early as I missed the nice show Feeling 100%. I thought it was some cheapo show but it turns out to be a very good love show! Must watch.
After this we finally reached my granny's home, which is the home which I go every sun. I managed to watch the ending part of Felling 100% there. There was my second godmother who is one of my relative. Well, she teased about my hair. Well,e verybody does. So, I am okay with that. We have steamboat and it was yummy for one fact that its all seafood. We then watched The Lion Roars and that is nice too.
And then I came home, feeling very sad.
I've no idea, but I am using alot of my willpower to combat my hormones. Today, the most often asked question is:
Have you had a girlfriend yet?
The answer is...
NO. Of course not. How will I ever get a girlfriend? Bachalor for life, that's me.
All the angbao money is to be given to my mom, and she spent so much on giving angbaos to other people. My mom she very generous and likes to give angbows to people that she don't even know. But thatnk goodness she got me the financial master! I've only recieved the angpow of the important people like my godmother and my granny and grandmom and parents.
Cheers and a happy new year to all. I wish I can find a really really good friend soon. Wish me luck.