+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Right Track

Today is a great day, and even if I missed my NRA dance auditions, I have no regrets.

Weeding in the morning was not what all of you would say fun but somehow it is. We used this stick to pry weeds (which is any plant in which you don't wish to see in that particular pot. So if you find plants worth $10000 in a pot of plant that you want to grow then that expensive plant is considered a weed). Anyway it is an eyestraining process for the inexperienced. After all, most of the weeds look the same when they are young. There's only me and Alekx there. Then there are three lecturers weeding woth us: Miss Sim, Dr Susila and Mr Greg. They were like chatting and chatting. They remind me of my JSS teachers.

To start off the field trip on the bus were to fill in this form that has 20 boxes in it, each as things like 'who was born in june' and 'who has coloured hair' and so it was like a screaming session with 'I have coloured hair!!!' and 'I'm a June baby!' (which I am guilty of. I'm the only June baby in the bus) and 'He grows orchids!!!!'. We really get to know each other, not very well, but well enough. The year twos are with us to and they are a rocking bunch. Saw Qian Ni!!! Anyway the bus was rocking (not literally) as we raced through and fro inside the bus for signatures. Unfortunately, I cannot find someone to sign the 'Who is born in June' slot. Sad.

I can tell you this: For those of you that cannot stand bugs, don't work in the Horticultural Industry. We got swarmed by these minute bugs and they were damned annoying. I swated and slapped and it is only after I curse did they all gone away from me. Damn insects. But some of the plants were nice though. Braved the swarm to get photos of them.
Did I learn anything from this field trip? Little. I know that I will most likely not work in this industry. Why? It is to environmentally dependent and that sucks. I cannot imagine myself doing such stuff. But... I can imagine myself as a Landscape Architect.

Anyway the coolest part is Dr Hedy Goh our course director treated us all to $6 max Mcdonalds at West Coast!!! My friend Bryan damn Kiasu just wants to use up his $6 worth. Poor Dr Goh. But anyway thats when all the fun part begins. Bryan and I climbed up this enormous rope triangle and after that screamed our way on the Merry-Go-Around like thing (I tell you he spinned the wheel so hard I almost vomitted)and after which we played flying fox in which he tried to make me vomit again by pushing me through and fro for the flying fox propelling me to greater heights. My stomach thankfully can make it. It was fun though.

I'm really glad fate gave me this chance to reconcile with him. Though it was a tough decision between NRA and this field trip I'm sure I've made the right choice. What's a CCA compared with a good friend?

And anyway I have changed my meter for friendship for another person from 'friend' to 'neutral'. You know why? That person face is always so black when she is in front of me I remembered that she said that last time these girls hate her for no reason at all. I think I know the reason. Her face is so black when talking to non-good friend people. I don't know, I don't want a friend like that. Why? I'll explode trying to find out if she really hate me or just feeling neutral.

I hope I will not make any bad decisions from now on.


alexangelos made an imprint at 6/04/2005 08:50:00 PM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011