+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Soothing Balm

I've realised many things which I have no time to write in my blog so I'm going to write it now when I have the nood to. So here goes nothing:

You don't need to be a good doctor, lawyer, saleman to be a good person. A good doctor might not be a good salesman, a good salesman might not be a good councillor. So if you are bad at something doesn't mean its the end of the world cause you are bad at everything. Not true. I may be blur and might not make a good waiter but I'm a darn good analyser and would make a good taxonomist cause I have great patience and love for cataloging things. Uncover your hidden talent and work on it. Who knows, it might be your livelihood later.

Doing a project with other people requires corroboration, which is to work with someone which you might not like to strive for the same beneficial results. In some ways this applies to your lives constantly. You will meet with people which you will not like and even hate, but for the greater good (yourself) you have to work your best with them. Screw them later if you want to but after you get the results you want first. Corroboration is hard to maintain cause you might find the others not contributing enough and in your mind you're thinking of depriving them any benefits. Please don't. Weigh the pros and cons first. For one thing depriving them of their 'due' benefits these way will create stronger hatred and that in any case is not a win situation.

Sometimes you have to work harder then other people for the same thing. Liking to do something doesn't mean you being good at it. Liking something you having to be the best in it. Do not expect yourself to excel on something that you like (thought hat's normally the case) or be under coercion by friends (oh, he like that and he's not good at it, ha! What's the use? Bullshit.). Take me for example, I like to dance but that doesn't mean I am very good at it. I like to sing doesn't mean I'm good at it. So do not be dampened by what people say about what you like or don't like. What you like or not is up to YOU.

As K in Man in Black say, '2000 years ago people knew that the Earth is in the centre of the universe. 500 years ago people knew that the Earth is flat, and 1 hour ago you knew that Earth is not only occupied by humans. Imagine what other things else we will know, later?' I don't know about you but after what he said I feel I rush of enlightenment. What he says is true: what we know now might not be absolute. 1 + 1 might not be 2 anymore in the later century. Never take things for granted and never be contented with other people's theories. Try to push the envelope.

Knowing your goal in life and knowing what to do. is like having a compass and a map to travel from point A to B. It doesn't mean you will reach there smoothly: it only means you will reach there eventually, but you must use your compass well or you'll get lost. If don't use it you'll get lost too. If you read it wrongly you'll get even lost. So its all about having the right mix of both.

Life is not very sad nor a chore to get over with. Life is a journey with major and minor checkpoints in which you must make decisions. Make the right one and you advance o the end point faster or you'll find your road being much more easier to travel upon. Sometimes the choices does not come in twos, but threes and fours. Even if you have made a unfavourable decision, remember you are one of the few who have beaten the path to the road and excel in it. You have chosen your road and will enjoy evey second of it.

I've got my Acessory of the Year. I bought the wrist band (or witness band, as they say) and it's bought from a Christian pushcart. Very cool design of blood red thorns. Saw one with the Charmed symbol but the colours too obiang. I don't know. Is Fate telling me something? Does the red thorns symbol mean something?

Cheers.


alexangelos made an imprint at 7/02/2005 01:31:00 AM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011