+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Galactic Legalist

Gls, Gls... the theme of this post is for this group of people which I hold close to my heart.

The DotA we played... I can see some of their behaviours. They may be friends, bu they do not say their hearts out to each other. This, as we all know, is not a good trait of any friendship, but it is a necessary one, unfortunately. Someone who tells you your bad points and how to change, that, is a good friend.(James, you looking at this? Hint *clement* cough..)

Looking through the blogs of some of my Glmates... Sad to say none of them added me to their links. But its ok. My fault anyways. I am, and will always, be the hidden and quiet one who will never ever talk. Why? It is my style. My habit for now. I'm only active online. I'm tired of mincing my words. Some people always tell you to talk what you want to say at their face. THAT.IS.DUMB. Why is that? Only a best friend do that.

Though I cannot assure any Gl read my posts, but I'm sure someone will try. I've read their blogs, and as they say, the clever ones write the superficial on their blogs only, the deep info all go to their diary placed in the deep bad vault where spiderwebs grow.
That'll make me a dumb person, I guess.

Some Gls are losing their cool. They oppose some things done by the SGLs. Some things the SGLs dub as 'tradition'. Perhaps some tradition goes invalid with time? Perhaps the children goes more spoilt by the day?
I believe (as I believe in many things) that children like us are not liking what they are doing is because of our innate judgement of whetever the thing is right or wrong is already made when we are 16. Some at 14. We 'mature' too fast and of course any plant doc will tell you plants that grow too fast doesn't look nice. They may know more things but inside... hoho they are still emotionally immature. That means they have the brains of a rocket scientist but the emotions of a baby. That, my friends, is a misplaced combination. This is perhaps why some sec 1s find some team building games 'crappy' and 'disgusting' and childish, often forgetting they are in fact still a child and still have multitudes ahead of them.
But it is, their body that is going through this games. And we should respect their perspective or right and wrong.
I know one person by the name of... I've forgot. Anyways, he has a very warped sense of right and wrong. And whatever he has done he adheres to his right and wrong logic very deeply, often to results that are not satisfactory to the average human population. This, of course, spells many a trouble for people like me, my friends, and his CCA mates, and we tried numerous ways to help him, but of course all in vain, because his values have been embedded too deeply.
As you can see I've forgotten his name. So I have no idea where he is now.
Till now, I strongly disagree in being sprayed by water (thanks to the uncomfortable incident when I was meditating for 24 hours in East Coast.). Now I hate being sprayed by any water except those by swimming pools. I also disagee with playing with food, and the destruction of grass for Earthworm Jim, a game which involves digging a trench is the field and pouring water to form this mud water mixture which is ultimately very fun to roll on. I also hate doing stupid things in the public which I fear I must do in 2 weeks time, in another of GLs warped, twisted and hidden 'tradition' know as -i- a-- -u-.
I believe these disagreements make me many steps behind from becoming a bona fide GL. I feel that being a GL is more than a physical matter, it is a very emotional and spiritual manner. Some GLs have stayed on for a long time, to be a SGL, then an AGL, then a lao GL. These are people who have attained nervana, a sense of belonging to the world. They have found their dream in life in GLs. They have found themselves. GLs have enlightened them and brought them to the Way.But for some, like me, we start to get away from GL, try to stay away, for we are starting to lose faith, lose confidence to getting to FOC. And why is that? There is a disagreement, a conflict of interest.
So why are we still in GLs? Why don't we quit?
Cause...
Quitting is for losers. (not my reason)
Some find it a waste. Its only 2 weeks away. Why waste all the pain we have suffered? (not my reason)
MY reason is...
I want to find the reason that makes the SGLs. To make them into the ON people they are today. Their optimistic thinking.
Does it mean that if I want to be like them, I must LIKE all the things that they do?
Now thats a papaya to chew at.


alexangelos made an imprint at 3/26/2006 11:45:00 PM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011