This is supposed to be a secret thing between GLs only. But I guess I have to put it here, lest I forget.
Hit and Run occured on Wednesday, 5th of April.
Hit and Run is a GL tradition. It is, in a sweeping view, a treasure hunt that have you doing stupid things in orchard road.
However, it is so much more.
It is a test of ONness.
Here is my account.
Our group is Touyaya. What does it mean? We followed the same surname Tou (the other two groups are Tow Nee and Tow Pok.) So Papaya becomes Payaya becomes Touyaya.
We are the winning group though. The second GL winning group I'm in.
On the bus we became 'bus conductors' greeting passengers leaving with 'thank you for travelling with SBS. Have a nice day!' (You can find this phrase pasted on the doors of the bus.) We also waved at the outside people.
We did the chicken dance in Burger King at Liam tower. Unfortunately, my friend Shu Jing was there and saw everything. I was dumbfounded. I did not realise she was there till she waved in front of my face.
We went on to be in television (Channel V.) in this television show called Paparazzi. Lye Huat saw the television show and was like 'lets us all go and ask them to interview us!' and thats what we did!
Then at Ngee Ann City we have to put our right sock over our right hand, as well as wear our clothes inside out. That brought some laughs cause Caleb's shorts have netting and it made him look like he wore his underwear inside out.
There we went on for the search for the items. Some including a $100 receipt from Kinokuniya which Daphne easily got via asking the casher who gaciously printed a phony one for us. We got the toliet rolls thanks to one very nice cleaner auntie. Some groups actually stole the whole roll from the toliets! (I might have laughed 3 years ago, but now...)
We went on to get other stuff. However, you might not have noticed it, but Ngee Ann City seemed to be crawling with security guards. They seemed to be everywhere. I think its because we are doing something semi-illegal. Thats why we feel their presence.
The girls in our group were very enthu and found us many bus tickets. Its so funny to think that we, who have EZ-link cards, still have to rely on bus tickets. Thanks to their sharp eyes and perserverence they managed to find all 30 which we need.
Simone's coming got us the CHIJ socks which we need.
We found tampoons! But I know not where.
We took neoprints at Cineleisure, level 9. Quite cool, with the wigs and everything. Gerard with pink wigs look really like a girl. My face was mostly covered.
They tried to collect saga seeds at the wrong time. Go figure.
Bought a banana coloured condom. To make sure those fussy SGL AGL don't complain, we bought banana milk to go with the Banana condom theory (we have wanted a banana, but it was hard to find ONE banana.)
For Rolex watch we got a brochure. Works too.
Gerard for the sake of our group got kissed by a guy.
We did a performance for the seniors to strike off the last item we did not have: 30 saga seeds. Our performance is 'Top of the World' With couples moving together and singing.
Had to pick our pubics cause its the last item. We did 'oh yah pei ya song'. Boils down to me and Wayne. We did Scissors Paper Stone' Guess who did not have to cut? Of course its me. How can I ever lose in Scissors Paper Stone?
Talked alot, explained alot. I will record Ming Hui's legendary quote which I put to my heart:
"If you think this is dumb and stupid, you are not suited to be a GL!"Have dinner afterwards at Marina Square food court. Jia Hui seriously sick. I stayed on and in my 'usual care too much for other people's affairs attitude' entered the discussion fo Ben, Weng and Jessica about the FOC dance... on Pally. Why is she in the spotlight? Well... its for us to know and for noone to find out.