+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Thursday, April 20, 2006

LSCT FOC 06/07 (and prep camp 06/07)

This camp is so fabulous I have to list everything down. Its too much for my pitiful mind to handle, so I am gonna state only the events that are significant to me, in no particular order at all.

Angels and Mortals (Day 2, Prep Camp)
This is a really cool game which someone is the 'Angel' and must give to another person, the 'mortal' a gift that cost less than $5. I went to Bukit Timah Shopping Centre and got the first thingy I see below $5: A sleeping bag! With it is the message:

(I have somehow forgottened about the message, but here is a rough idea of it)
"When you look up the sky and wished to be there with the stars, remember that you are in the shiny, beautiful and cute planet called Earth. From, ICTsociety
P.S: Attached to the bag is a red feather from my wing. Brings good luck.")

Lol cool right?

One of the many things the seniors exclaimed was 'who the hell bought this?' and 'who is this ICTsociety?' and 'wow thats big!' and 'LOL!'

I've got green tea from my Angel Hui Nee. Not bad... I need it for my throat. Good choice!

Telematch (Day 3, Day 1 of FOC)
The telematch... damn cursed... but it turned out all right in the end. Starting we did things without urgency. In the end most of the telematch was prepared by the SGLs cause we have to elsewhere. Watermelons splitted into halves. But I did managed to learn the art of waterbob tying. Due to my stupidity, I needed the help of E Ping, one other SGL and Qian Ni's tutorage before I manage to tie my first GL certified waterbomb! I am one step to becoming ISO certified Wanton Mee Bag tyier!!! About 1 and a half hours before the telematch was supposed to start, Ron says we have to start earlier, cause it's gonna rain. And it sure did with a vengence. The rain got us scurrying up to shelter. Got a quick nap while it rained. The 'mix and match' plates were ruined in the rain, so a new game was thought up. Our game heads Pei Wen and Weng, as well as our log heads, Shing and Jeremy Yeo (which, hereafter, be known as Yeoster in this post), spent their raining time thinking of new activities replace and wet weather program. So respect them for that...
After that the rain became smaller and we started compiling everything but still enough to get me very annoyed. Anyways it went on smoothly. I got myself all muddy thanks to me stepping on the mud water to get the freshies all muddy... all in the name of fun!
Again, without the help of the SGLs, we won't have done it. Thank you all!

Angels and Devils + Minefield + Baptised + Final showdown + Fell into the drain (Day 3, 1st day of FOC)
Wow. Angels and Devils happened after telematch. Was real hungry but had to do our jobs. Had dinner at Minefield, my station together with the games in-charge Clement and Amanda, as well as my fellow logger in-charge Shu Pei. SC and Royston was there to help us too. I don't know why again, but they had help us tremendously again. Minefield is this game that, in pairs, one has to lead the other one, who is blindfolded, through a series of obstacles. In the end of the road they have to stick their hand into a box and feel was inside, which is actually tofu mashed up with some milo Royston added. Damn cool. Some things its living and some even say its hairy!!! The game timing got delayed cause dinner was late thanks to the irresponsible caterer which we used for this camp and our prep camp. Anways, it was delayed, so using our spare time, we were entertained by SC and Roystons lame jokes, some of which are very funny and got me in stitches. I think I need to brush up my lame jokes cause it got everyone VERY AWKWARD!!! it was here we also talked quite a bit and Royston asked if we were baptised before in the camp. I said no and he proceed to say 'oh ok...' and I said 'in the camp we have to get circumcised?' SC was like what is circumcised? Which was really funny.

The game gone quite very smoothly, and playing tricks with the blindfolded freshies. Some got very awkward positions like the guy placed the girl on his lap and it looks like he's humping her. LOL. But the freshies this year, though very enthu, were also very prone to violent tendencies. Thank goodness I was not hurt when they tried to albow me... The lights also went off but thankfully only partially. Some of the guys carried the blindfolded girls past the obstacle via the 'Wedding method' cool and ON, these freshies are.

Then the horrible thing happened.
The lights went off. Totally.
Poor Ares had to wait for Triton who is somewhere out there.
Unfortunately for their wait, the game has to be canceled as it was too dark. We went on emmergency gear and got everything packed. Blk 36 the engineering block is damn scary when its dark, and the leaking pipe that goes 'tick tick tick' doesn't help. I am, after all, afraid of the dark. The stupid tofu mixture then proceeded to leak through the cardboard prison we made for it and spilled all over the place. we had to get water and unfortunately the Fate forsaken toliet is not sensor activated so it was complete darkness in there. Damn the enginners for making the toliet corridors so long and spacious. What do they need to make it so big for? For cruising? Crazy asses.

About the baptise incident just now, I again recieved another warning from Royston before my fate is sealed. he told me 'if I don't want to get wet I had better not get in the toliet. ' But I was ignorant of the fact then and went on to waterbomb tying. Then, I found myself being 'nudged' to the girls toliet via speeches here and there. Then suddenly everyone left the boys toliet. I was like 'what the?' and went out to the girls toliet to take a look. I went in just in time to see the two person in front of me got splashed soaking wet with toliet dustbin water. Iwas really shocked. Those people left to see the 'show'. I was like 'Bless Fate' and later was like 'erm hey I should be left out in these kinds of things! After all, these initiation ceremonies often goes horribly horrible in US, but here is Singapore! It should be fun!' So I went in and squatted with full idea that I will get wet. They splashed and I was like thinking 'not bad, at least the water's warm...'

The Final Showdown was really cool. One thing you must note is that in the Final Showdown, is that its never fair. We, the GLs, confirm got more water bomb bags. We also confirm got armada like shields (made from tables) and barriers (from dumps). We got artillery and war drums. Unfortunately I got neckshot by one freshie. But its ok. Very fun (as in the whole thing was fun, with treachery among the ranks and everything and assisinations and tankers...).
Anyways I got real misty on the specs and went on the fell down the 1 metre deep drain, one leg on the top and the other down there. It was dark there and KC was like 'are you ok! are you ok!' and 'check for injuries! Check for injuries!' It was really dark and it was really painful so I got to the nearest seat and sat and scanned for injuries. My blind eyes found nothing until I got a sharp pain down my right leg. Oh there's the injury! Its a fun experience to fall down a drain. You should try it (just joking)
And you know whats the bestest best thing? I did not get any abrasion even though it was Altlantis wet! Thanks the best invention ever invented by the British: Prickly Heat Powder!!!! In fact, thus this is the first ever serious camp that I did not have abrasion as well as no mosquito bite, thanks to the wonderous new invention known as Anti-mozzie bracelet! I manage to get the least gay looking one, the green one. The others were really gay: white, sapphire and pink. Yuck. Anyways people thought it was a buddhist bracelet. But its not.

Aule + perversion of epo e dai dai and peace by the river + 'Swing' game by Caleb + Aule all sleep so early + flag forgetfullness
Now, to talk about the bestest best group ever to be made in all the dimensions of reality: Aule!!! Ok, that was really exaggerating, but I don't care! Anyways, this year, we went on the mythological journey theme and went on with the 8 groups, With the Ares, Aule, Triton, Varda as gods and the Kraken, Ifrit, Obour, Skorffin as the monsters. I am in Aule, and I must say the first day they were so silent like mouse. Quite sad then. The second day was a 180 degree change in attitude. They went all high and their cheers were very good especially our Army of Aule cheer composed by our welfare GL Caleb! The actions damn cool lar.

Army of Aule cheer
Army of Aule
Hoogashaga Hoogashaga
Army of Aule
Hoogashaga Hoogashaga
Aule thrash! (punches)
Aule smash! (Stomps)
Aule Aule beats the rest! (Do the power earthquake move)

Our oei was also good.

Aule Oei
Aule Oei! Oei!
Aule Oei! Oei!
Aule Oei! We came, we saw, we conquered!

The second day they were high and so we thought them much cheers that day. We imparted the hybrid version of 'peace by the river' as well as 'epo e dai dai' by mixing the actions of the both songs together. The ingenious method was thought by none other then our Welfare Head Kiap. The history as that he was waiting along with the other welfare GLs for the freshies to finish bathing. So suddenly he went 'epo e dai dai' using 'peace by the river' actions! It went on to infect people with its fun factor and went on to be taught by Caleb to Aule!

The third day got us in numerous times with silence and I was like this has to stop. So I taught them the electric kallang wave wire game. It did not stick so Caleb taught them his own created game similar to mine: Swing game! This game got us swinging (literally) and boinging and went on to more expert playing with advanced keywords like skip. Really fun.

Something that got me very surprised was that the Aules sleep like so early. When I came back after the bath after the Final Showdown, Aule was sleeping while the other groups were like still interacting and stuff. Well, they are heavy sleepers!

And they keep forgetting their flag. Heiz.

Did found someone from JSS in Aule though. And Han Ming is in JSS. Cool. He is still so ON.

Cardboard collecting + Slacking in log room (Day 1, Prep Camp)
It was cool cause I managed to get out of NP! So, with E Ping, Hui Lin, Ben Wong and Me, we went to NTUC to collect cardboard. E Ping stunt by letting us take bus just 1 stop, after which we are still nowwhere near the shopping centre!!! Hui Lin was the greatest tragedy cause SC did not bring her card and so everyone panicked and we went down very suddenly and Hui Lin forgottened to tap her card. 'That's a $2 stunt! Hui Lin ni zhen de huan de qi' (Hui Lin, you sure can pay for your stunt!) So sad thank goodness the rest of us got concession. I wouldn't pay $2 for a stunt, unless its a really good one.
We were very Kiasu when collecting the card board cause we had Hui Lin and Ben zooming all over the place 'stealing' cardboard boxes meant for raising the displays! Hui Lin got so high collecting cardboard we had to stop her from collecting more! Just when we thought we collected alot, E Ping stun us all with another trolley load of cardboard! The cardboard we collect was alot! So much so we have to QC (Quality Check) the cardboard! We think that next year the GLs can no need come here collect cardboard liao. The carring of the cardboard was damn hard too. I and Ben tried different positions to carry it. Me at the back, me at the front, then we both agreed to walk sideways... Hui Lin was there adding fuel to fire and agitating us... *Just Kidding!* The cardboard kept almost slip from my palms cause its all sweaty and stuff.
When we did reach the log room, we mopped it due to Zhi Yi's orders. After which we were free while the others are making their miserable dummies!!! (Bwa hahahaha) Lol slacking was fun. And it rained though. Lucky we got back just in time to avoid the rain. A batch of loggers along with our Head went to Sheng Xiong Ten Mile Junction tog et the perishable foods. The rain was sure big but thank goodness it was not that big. But is sure irritates me though (I hate rain and cold water on me.) The trolleys were very full and very hard to control. Hui Lin got a trolley tripped cause she did not notice the small ridge. Everything got down the floor but things were not damaged. Thankfully.

Canvas surfing (Day 3, 1st day of FOC)
It was after the telematch and the the canvas need cleaning so me, Ben and Hui Nee went down to blk 56 to clean it! We got Yi Chao's help and he taught us the secret of using the fire hose to clean the canvas as well as the chairs! Was a bit rough on the chairs though... But it was fun! Sometimes we shuld not be too uptight! He also taught us to have fun when cleaning the canvas! Its kinda sad that we did not have enough time, cause canvas surfing is really fun!

April rain (All the days)
The april rain ruined our many plans. Telematch was delayed. Station games was changed. Everything just went downhill. Well, it is April after all.

Shooting Stars (station games) (Day 4, 2nd day of FOC)
Shooting stars is part of the station games. We, the GLs, has to throw water bombs from the 2nd floor and the freshies has to catch them from the first floor. That, of course, would mean we have to tie lots of water bombs. In the station the games in charge were Weng and Pally, the log in charge is Me, Hui Nee and James. SGLs have Sheryl, SC, E Ping and Fiona. The dyes used to colour the water were used up after a while. So in the end all the water bombs were in different shades of green (thanks to the blue and marigold dyes.) Then, we got scolded by some middle aged nosey guy who told us not to use the water from the fire hose cause its for 'fighting fire'. Ok... SDAR peeps are wandering all over the place, poking their dastard noses at our games. Sad. So we tried to use other methods, like the hose we brought ourselves.

Then something bad happened.

It rained. Cats and dogs kind of rain. So it was kind of sad. The winds were howling and the rain was irritating. We have to manhandle the waterbombs to another location and have another game thought out. Many of the bombs burst. We suddenly realised for the past 2 hours we made so many water bombs!

In the end a game that is to pass waterbomb from one side to another from girls to guys and vice versa with the girls using trash bags to catch and guys using their shirts to catch (Nice one Ron for thinking so fast for a impromptu game.) We played at blk 51. Waterbombs were still being made. What made we really unhappy is that some SGLs went on and played with the waterbombs that we have painstakingly made. James and Hui Nee joined in too. Really saddening to see the bombs destroyed right before your eyes. Rain always get me real cranky.

Last Day macarena suddenly become mass dance (Day 5, 3rd day of FOC)
We were having breakfast and suddenly I heard the macarena, one of the most popular songs in my primary school years! My whole body just shot up and I wanted to join the fun! So I went in to see Lye Huat and gang and many other freshies doing the macarena! And so I went in to do it too! Then suddenly different songs were played and we went human chain and many other dancing moves! Eugene lead in the 'That thing you do' and it was really fun! In the end we got the NRA GLs Jessica, Ben and Weng to give us a 'Pump it' dance! They are really cool! Everybody was really high!

Moving GL life video + ceremony + sparkling juice galore (Day 2, Prep Camp)
They had this video about our GL life and it was not really touching cause it was hurrily made but it did bring back some memories. The tag and shirt giving ceremony was very symbolic and very cool and really gives us the identity that 'hey, we belong in GLs!'. After the ceremony we got down Blk 56 and drank sparkling juice! It was really cool I think. I got the bottle back home to be made into a souvenir. You know I like to collect memorable things cause of my weird and bad memory.

Cool as grave log room (All days of FOC)
To be a logger, you must either have thick layers of fat, high winter fortitude, artic magic mastery, or money to buy a windbreaker or jacket. It is 16 degrees celcius!!! Temperature is to keep the perishable food from rotting. But it made us really really cool and freezing. Even when it is raining outside, outside feels like a suana compared to the log room. Our log room this year is 04-10. The log room is very funny. Why? We have to take out our shoes to go into log room. Imagine in the camp we all so busy and we want to quickly get our things and leave... Anyways on day 1 of the FOC we were all wet thanks to Final Showdown and we went into the room... OMG we froze like popcicle... It was cool (literally) though.
We had lots of unhappiness earlier during the prep camp, cause we think that our heads did not give us any information at all on what we have to do,but it all worked out in the end. We also have lots of discussions about a particular member of our logger team... it doesn't really help much though. One thing I hate most is thrash out sessions cause nothing seemed to be solved in them, cause sometimes people don't understand that thrashing out sessions is to solve the problem, not make bigger ones.

Reece night walk + Hui Lin scary screams (Day 1, Prep camp)
The recee night walk was no that scary, though Hui Lin tends to scare herself and when she is scared she make this noice that is really scary like a ghost noice.

Night Walk + Praying ceremony + James got spooked (Day 4, 2nd day of FOC)
Apparently before any night walk we had to do a praying ceremony, and after which we had joss sticks sticked to prominent check points where our night walk route is. Our God-fearing friends did not join in our prayers so they went on their own prayers on their own terms. The praying ceremony was not very elaborate so I think I can lead on the praying ceremony next FOC! But of course I will not do it. The incense really burns the eyes! Wei Qi was in charge of the joss stick placetage and we went in the lift and the smoke was everywhere and it was hard to breathe and to see!
The night walk was cool. I was in block 80 as the grim reaper. With me is the SGL Jasmine, which I have never met before. We were a cool team together. In fact, we have more fun scaring the freshies then they walking through the walk. That is because we couldn't actually scare the freshies. Some just say 'I saw you' and some gave the 'I'm not scared' look. Ok... So we were a bit demoralised but it made us laugh cause we realised we were not very good at scaring. Jasmine has real bad problem about timing... Our first method of scaring was really ingenious, thought of but none other by the genius me. We had a string attached to a dummy who was cut into half and when someone comes, the string is pulled and its like the top half of the body just flew away for no reason! Cool huh. Joel the SGL complimented on my costume thanks very much! But we did not stay in costume for long cause the mask makes the face very stuffy and everything and I was wearing glasses and it was really hard to breathe. We tried so many different ways of scaring, and got a few laughs here and there cause' we were preparing for our next 'stunt' after one pair of freshies has walked past and suddenly another pair of freshies appear so we couldn't scare them, which really swells. I hate one AGL who when trying to scare people should try to scurry more quietly. I thought he was a freshie so I booed him and he grabbed my leg so when I booed him he thought I was screaming because he grabbed my leg. Isn't it supposed to be not allowed to scare the GLs and AGLs? I guess they think its funny, but sometimes its not.
Some of the SGLs saw things... but I feel they must be really tired so they dissipate to much will power, which in turn feeds the spirits in the vicinity. Some heard baby cries (Jasmine did. I did not cause I was half asleep then.) some saw a laptop in a classroom with windows 98 program, some heard music from a particular classroom only. For me I got darkness envelope me for a while and suddenly everything was fine again. But hey! We are creatures of positive will power and they are creatures of negative will power so why do we have to be afraid of them?
Anyways at about 3-4 am I started to get real sleepy so I went to semi-coma state and so I acted as a corpse that rises and scare the freshies! Ingenious huh?
As for James, well after the talking session we were talking about some chinese beliefs on ghosts and how to ward of them and he was like saying 'nonsense'. So it came to no surprise that he got spooked.
He was in charge of pressing the lift upwards during the very first station of the night walk at block 34-50. It was very scary there cuase the block is even older then 80 and it has many ghost stories lingering around it. He was spooked to find his name being called not once, not twice, but thrice. In the end he went down with face all white and even sobbed. All I can say is, well, be more respectful in the future cause even if you have all powerful entities protecting you you have to sometimes protect yourselves too andthe rule of thumb is always keep your patron spirit close to your heart, if not don't count on their blessings when the time comes cause that would be real unfair to them, won't it?
All and all it was a fun, but tiring night walk. Might go all wayang next year, wearing kabuki masks and singing 'wang bu liao'. lol. Be scared, next year freshies, be really scared.

Bad lunch and dinner (All days!)
The food was terrible. It is so horrible that on day 1 prep camp I thought they gave us all vegetarian food. Some of the food was undistinguishable. It was really bad. Every meal has cabbage that look like crap. The fish looks soggy and the chicken looks dead (ok, t is dead, but it looks like its old cooked chicken) Yes it was painful and sad 5 days of food.

Day 2 night face drawing galore (Day 4, 2nd day of FOC)
After the night walk when all of us GLs went back to the sports hall, we were shocked that most of the sleeping freshies exposed flesh is drawn with marker by the AGLs. When we the Gls slept we were drawn too. I was supposed to be drawn with an eye on the top but somehow my face is too oily so a few rubs and the inks gone. So, its cool. Though at that time I did not find it really funny.

Successful performance night + cool entrance with lightsticks attached to flags + Aules cool FOC re-enactment skit + Krakens See Swa Swa cheer (Day 4, 2nd day of FOC)

Water bottle used and defiled episode (Day 4, 2nd day of FOC)
Ok, this is really sad. On the 3rd day of FOC, I was told by Joel that Felicia has used my 1.5 water bottle since she as the welfare GL has no 1.5 water bottle so she has to borrow it from me and in the act has my bottle used by the freshies of Triton for Pipe Cascade and in turn destroying the dearest 7-up water bottle all cleansed up with all the stickys gone by my dear father and thus holds deepest sentimental value. He said she asked for my permission already. Well, one day after the FOC I found out she really did: Through SMS, and my phone unfortunately has no more battery so I could not see the message. Well, all I can say is, if you borrow something from someone, you had better return it in one piece. But, as I have said to Felicia on the 3rd day, it has been done, so no use brooding about it. All is forgiven. But the waterbottle will live in my heart.

Magma SGLs and their really nice motivation notes
MAGMA SGLs (for those who don't know what MAGMA is, its my FOC group when I was a freshie!) Ben, Fiona and Qian Ni each gave me a motivation note at different times of the 5 days and it was sweet cause it is always cool to find people who cares about you. The messages gave me will to complete my tasks ahead. Thank you my dear MAGMA SGLs!!!!

How damn gay I look in photos (Day 2 and Day 5, Prep camp and variety show)
This I must say. I think I must go for a makeover on how I walk and talk and behave. Yes. That's what I'll do.

Bring Bio and chem students around the campus. (Day 3, 1st day of FOC)
Brought freshies around the campus with Clement, Hui Lin and Joel. Me and Hui Lin did all the talking. Hui Lin kept trying to correct me and thats not nice. You should not correct people who has to give instructions cause it'll make the underlings not respect him. So there there. No hard feelings though. It was a success in the end and both me and Hui Lin the loggers have to go earlier cause we have log things to prepare.

First time being in Kismis and Swimming pool toliet (Day 3 and Day 4, 1st and 2nd day of FOC)
Me, being in Ngee Ann for about one year, have never went into the swimming pool more then twice before. I even got lost as in where is the bathroom. The bathroom, like most normal male swimming bathrooms, have no door, so its kinda awkward for me cause I value my privacy. The Kismis toliet's shower is really sad as the water like those use to water plants like that: No strength and area. Sad and pathetic. There's cockroaches there too. Really bad for bathing. Not going to bath in Kismis ever again if I can help it.


alexangelos made an imprint at 4/20/2006 06:40:00 PM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011