+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

There Will Be No Dawn For Men

Now I've 5 things thats really got into my mind right now. And I guess I'll share it with you guys.

1st things first:
Know Yourself Outing 2006 will be held at 23rd June, not 24th June. And for those people wondering where in Gaia KYO 06' will be, it will be held on Macritchie reservoir, cause we are going to the HSBC TTW!!! (HSBC Tree Top Walk)

For more information about the walk, click here.

For the lazy ones, here is the important info:
-The trail opens from 9am to 5pm on Tues to Fri. We are going on the 23rd June, Friday, at 10am.
-We shall meet at the Lornie road bus stop. You can reach there by taking bus 74 from the bus stop near the Ngee Ann.
-Do not come here and expect a walk in the park. Cause it is not. (But if you think about it, it is a park.) The total distance you'll have to walk is around 14.5 km. Yes. Almost 15 click. No, I am not a slave runner and expect you to run, but you are expected to walk in a faster-than-normal pace, cause the trail will close at 5.00pm. The walk, therefore, would last around 5 hours, if we are faster-than-slow.
-The Trail can only hold 30 people. So it is essential that noone is late. (Not that anyone in the right mind would go there anyways)
-There will be pests. Mozzie magnets beware.
-Trees and more trees. You have been warned, technophiles.
-Be silent and do not play with monkeys over there, or be prepared to be slapped by the monkey spirit. I'm not kidding.
-Bring a waterbottle. This is Singapore, not a desert. People ain't supposed to die of thirst.

For now, my dear friends, you must be thinking, why in Gaia does Alex want to go to the TTW anyways? Well, the walk is a Once in a lifetime experience (obviously you wouldn't want to go there alone and you wouldn't want to go there again) However, there is another Tree Top Walk in Singapore, and that is at Kent Ridge. I would love to go there, but unfortunately, the day does not contain 32 hours.
It is nice to note that the Kent Ridge walk will be less tidious than the HSBC TTW, but of course, we all love a challenge, don't we?

-After the walk, if you guys have a hint of life left, we will go and catch a movie, and that movie is Scary Movie 4. May change to Superman. (But I rather not. Democracy rules, they say.)
-There will always be time for things like neoprints, photos, toliet break, meditation, when the situation calls for it. As I say, Fate will lead us by the hand that day, as She always does.
-Be warned. In KYO history all KYOs always rain. ALWAYS. You have been warned.
If you don't understand me, bring an umbrella or raincoat.

And for you to fully appreciate the day:
-Understand that everything you experience, be it birdshit, sunburn, falls, scoldings and many other nice things that might happen to you, happens for a reason. Learn from them. Fate speaks through action.
-Don't come here as a skeptic. 'Oh Fate the mighty one influence you...' No. We don't want people like these in the group. They do not allow the others to fully appreciate the day.
-Whether you'll come, or even see this post, is entirely up to yourself. Fate just makes it easier for you to come, if you are in need for KYO.
-Do not come here if you don't want to know yourself better.
-Knowing yourself through the elements is always KYO's way of letting you know yourself. Don't be scared of what the day may bring. Be excited instead.
-Bring a camera. You'll never know what you might snap.
-Don't make this into a class outing, or a CCA outing. There maybe a majority from a certain organisation or CCA or class, but you must not for a moment that this is a outing of the abovementioned context, cause it is not. It is an outing for yourself.
-Do not think that 'Oh there's so little people going with me' or 'is even anybody coming for this shit?' The think is, you go for yourself, not for others. If you go because your friend go, and you don't actually feel like going in the first place, don't. You go because you feel that you should take a step forward and know yourself better.
-Yes, you may speak to yourself. Noone will say you are mad.
-Try your best to bring a voice recorder. Sometimes in the beauty of Gaia you have a sudden revolution that you don't want to forget, you'll just have to tape it down. Remember it forever. In KYO, you'll realise some things about yourself that you never expect you to have.
-People who are disturbed by past events, about to take a management role in a club or organisation that they feel they are not up to scratch, think about some pressing issues of late, people who wants to understand the meaning of life, or whether the chicken comes first or the egg are strongly encouraged to come.
-I, Alexis Lin RuiFeng, is the Facilitator of KYO. I will be helping you to discover yourself, but I will not speak often. I will not speak to you for the sake of speaking, cause I kind of realised it makes a fool out of me. I am not perfect (as all of you already know) and will also need to know myself better.

3rd and 4th thing:
MY 2 PROJECTS, ENTHOMOLOGY AND AUTOCAD IS SO DOOMED!!!
BUT BUT but... My enthomlogy, I caught 3 insects today, as well as 2 gall infested leaves. I actually caught something like a grasshopper today!!! As those who know me knows, I'm afraid of insects!!! I was like looking at the grasshopper on the Tacca (a type of plant with the flower that looks like a Spanish dancer and leaves like a Heliconia), praying to Gaia and Fate to give me courage to even look at it. Then out came another grasshopper which freaked me out. After 30 mins, and Fates grace, the grasshoppers are still seating there on the leaf!!! Ok... So I did my fastest finger thingy and caught it!!! Hoo hah!!! I was so happy, I called Amalina to boast about it!!! (My whole class, unfortunately, knows I'm scared of insects.) it feels so good lah, I mean, to conquer your fears.
But there is still the *Dem Dem Demmmm* Mounting!!! Shit man. I've to put the insect in nice pattern to prop them up for specimen. Don't know if I can even hold a grasshopper inmy hind or not...

And yuck the school is infested with millipedes!!!! I saw one that is like {-------------------} This big lah. Scary shit everywhere I walk there's a millipede. I've even saw one with another humping the other. ^^

Autocad is kinda easy once you get in the groove, and start to do it. With a calculator and a rational mind, you can draw anything in there!!! I've started on my floor plan, side view and plan view. I think I can finish all of them on thursday, before KYO.

4th thing:
Why is it, that some people just cannot stop thinking about sex? I mean seriously, we barely know each other and you've alreay trying to hint about such things... I mean its really unhealthy. Have you ever heard of faithfulness and you know belief that sex should be for the person you love, not some Tom, Dick and Harry. You're a nice person, but I cannot except someone who only thinks about sex and nothing else (or at least thats the impresson you give me.) You are keeping alot of things to yourself, and I can see your nervousness. You don't need a psychologist to know that. Imagine having sex with someone you don't dare to look at. Yuck?!? So there there, peace and hope that you grow up, or at least improve on your communication skills so as to charm little guys to bed with you.
P.S.: Don't be late. I hate people who are late.

5th thing:
I've learnt that the more I want to hide things and feelings, the more I suffer for it. When you hide things, you lose yourself and become the person you don't want to be. If you have some things you want to hide, you had better hide it good, cause when people discover it, you are so going to be dead. Try your best to make sure your have nothing to hide. Let all those dirty laundry burn in the depths of the past. Don't be bound by them. Remember, people may not see your dirty laundry, but they can smell them.

Till next time, cheers!


alexangelos made an imprint at 6/21/2006 01:31:00 AM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011