+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Sunday, July 02, 2006

KYO 2006 24th June @ TTW

Ha the thing all have been waiting for. It will be a long post (62 photos in fact) So hang on!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thats me, ready for KYO!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My shoes waiting, looking at the buses going by. I also saw NJC dragonboaters coming out from the route.
And then I realised something.
If someone hurt you because of something they say, are they in the wrong? What if they speak like this normally? Are you in the wrong then? Could it be that maybe you are too sensitive?

So after waiting till 10.00am, I started to go in.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
OMG the scenary there was great!!! The trees are like islands encompassing a lake...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
How I wish I can ride this and go for a spin!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
How I remember this place. We were in year 1 and it was TXP and we have to go to MAcritchies... and Dr Koh was like wearing so short shorts!!! LOL!!! And he was like having sore eyes so in the end I have to conduct the lesson! So I brought the guys around, and it started to rain!!! So big sia, water spalshing all around. We have to take shelter under the pavallion.
Memories. A treasure.

After walking past the pavallion, I finally saw a map!!! Great!!! Using my great map reading skills, I find myself 5 minutes later next to an expressway with no reservoir in sight.

Ok, so I'm lost. I backtrack.
And thus would mean I would have go all the way across, back to where I started.

And after all that walking, I have finally (gasp) reached the starting point of the road which will lead me to the trail that will bring me to the Tree Top Walk. Go figure.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And then I figured.
Sometimes, even with a map, we can get lost.
Sometimes, we must backtrack to accomplish bigger things.

The road was long and I saw a canoeing campus like thingy with loads of storehouses filled with canoeing stuffs!!! Maybe thats why the NJC dragonboaters were here...
Some things you do not understand now will be made clear to you later.

The waters are so serene!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What lies beyond? Only Fate knows. Ok, if you have a canoe you'll know too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Deltas are so cool!

This place is like some kind of training ground for canoe peeps! All those floating balls guiding and making passages...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sometimes its we who make our own mazes

After much walking and some very nice trees and greenery, here we are.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The start of the blue trail. Tough road ahead.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What a creepy place.

Loads of rubble, sand, and shit.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
No kidding. My first obstacle was a big, fat pile of shit!!! Ok, its not really shit but matual compost, but look how shitty it looks!!! I wear nice shoes ok and I don't want to dirty it!!!
Then I was like waiting and turning myself to think of ways to bypass this big pile of shit, and suddenly a guy wearing some T-shirt of a martial arts club just took his cane and whipped a path from the sides.
Of course, not before he says hi to me.
Ok... So I shall walk on the sides...
I finally did cross anyways. And I got my shoes full of shit, even when I walk on the sides. And there is this sound of squeshy and mushy sound everytime I make a step, really disgusting. Sometimes you have to get yourself knee-deep in shit for the greater good.
Saying hello doesn't hurt.

After a long while, I reached my second obstacle!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Limbo rock!!! HOO HAH!!!

But after a closer look...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
OMG. SO MUCH SPIKES. Fate sure doen't one me to get it easy.
Lying low doesn't mean you are giving up.

So I continued to walk, the trail goes up and down even though I am supposed to be going to a Tree TOP trail...
The road to success always involves ups and downs.
Guess what I've found?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Another pile of shit!!! But thank goodness this time the shit does not span the whole road. I can wade past it with little shit stuck on my shoes. Gaia sent me a nice lizard to lighten my day!!!

After which I saw my next obstacle.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Another limbo rock, but this time Gaia gets nasty and make it super low. I have to crawl under that hole.
And why do I have to crawl?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Spikes Of Death once more. Seriously this is getting sickening. But heck. I have no parang to help me cut through, I guess I've to go low once more.
Trust not in miracles, and held low the ego to be successful.

After I crossed that obstacle, it started to rain.
But as I've always said, KYO always rains at the wrong time!!! And thats why I've brought an umbrella this time!!!
You can see the rainwater formed like a river down the trail. Have to wade my way past the water to avoid getting wet.
But hey! A pavallion!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Stayed there, and took a breather. It was getting so hot in here even though it was raining!!!

And OMG.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Forest spirits!!!
Haha not!!!! They are just rain trickling down from the sky. But they sure look nice though.
And just look at how far a road I still have left.

And when I thought all was bleak...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I see the light!!! Exit!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Not. This is just 1 third of the route to the Tree Top Trail. And I've walked like 5 km already.
When things get better, it usually isn't.
Anyways that was one of the few markers that brings hikers like me up tothe Tree Top Trail.

Oh great. I'm now beside a big tarred driving road, next to a grand country club. I thought 'oh maybe I'm lost or something' but hey I'm not cause there is another of that sign and it pointed downhill!
But it is really weird, isn't it? Going downhill to go up?
Sometimes you have to go down to go up.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyways to those golf idiots out there, A driving range is for someone to shoot those golf balls out some big pasture of grass for practice. Its not where wild cars follick like horses.

I was walking again!!! But I feel kinda stupid now, I mean, walking and walking with no sign of the tree top trail anywhere...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And so what do I find once again? Another trail.
Losing tack of your goals discourages you.
Getting to your goal never is a straight road.

Down down down I go, then up and up and up!!! Till I found myself walking on normal driving road!!! Apparently, this is part of the trail. Ok...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Its always nice to see water cascade down something, even a drain.

So there I was, walking uphill, thinking, 'hey! Maybe I'm very near now!!!' Till I saw this.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Crap.
Anyways the trail, as I finally able to recover from shock, is just on the left, beside the processing plant, complete with barbed wires and electrical fences and overworked SAF soldiers.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And this is the trail. The start of the 2/3 of my journey.

Thankfully it was not as painful as the last trail. It was quite gentle and I saw...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
CHILDREN!!! THEY CHEATED AND TOOK A BUS TO THE 2/3 TRAIL!!!
Ok I'm overeacting. Nice to see children here, climbing their first shit.
Some people have more talent then others, and bloom later. When they do bloom, more hardworking people need not feel bad because those bloomers have taken over your place, but work harder so that you can find your own niche.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The ranger station!!!

Walk and walk. And finally...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
OMG the last part TO the Trail. And is so freaking steep!!!
Gaia bless me. I am starting to get a little annoyed.

Goodness the road is so steep!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
WTF. More road. less steep yes, but more road.

And as I thought all hope was lost...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The beginning steps to the Tree Top Walk!!!
And how do I know thats the one?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's the plaque!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
OMG what have I done to get myself in a one way situation?
Lame.
In life, most of the things you have done, you cannot reverse.

Presenting... The Tree Top Walk!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The bridge is pretty shaky and if some pesky kid behind you starts jumping all around you WILL feel the tremor.
Not for people who fears heights.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
To climb this Walk, you must follow these guidelines!!! Don't disturb the animals or endanger yourself man...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Look at how high it is!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The only thing that keeps me from falling down to my death...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Walk is quite long! And the rain is gone!!!

On the tree tops you can see...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These red velvet trees!!!Their leaves feels really like velvet!!! Very furry like carpet!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are pictures of snags. What are snags? Snags are dead trees. They are dead yes, but they are filled with thousands of living things like bugs, birds and squirrels!!! They are thus still important parts of the ecosystem!!! And the dead tree is like so tall!!!
A tree is useful even when its dead.
Will I be useful even when i'm alive?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I am at the top of the world!!!!
I wanted to shout, but I better not disturb the wildlife and get myself fined.
And look at those heavenly clouds. I just love clouds.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Singapore is small, but its impact on the world is great.
I may be just one person, but I can change the world.

If I lose my grip...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Death from above!!!

Here's where the scientists use to get to the forests to do research.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
No trail. Yeah right. I saw an uncle cleaning dead leaves for goodness sakes.

Oh, once you are on your way to the Tree Top Walk,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There is no turning back.
Like life.

I've completed the Tree Top Walk to find myself in the...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tree Top Trail. Go figure.

But by now, the walk is getting interesting. You can see many things (trees, trees and more trees),
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The nice Trail paving...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A very cool looking staircase you can find nowhere is Singapore...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And ghosts.
Ok, they are not ghosts. They are gases produced by heat produced by decomposition of compost and the sun. Yes, this place is really humid.

The whole trail is really long and they have these little snippets by the way which you can read.

And finally the trail end and I found myself...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
At the start of going back.
When one journey ends another begins.

I'm so fucking tired lah!!!
I walked and walked and I tried my best not to go back to the same trail I've walked before.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And found myself in this creepy place.

But then things lighten up...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With sightings of people!!! Finally!!!

I then landed on another dark area...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With creepy palms.
I love Gaia and everything, but I am mildly claustrophobic...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bu things get a little spacer and there's even a litle stream!!! I love streams!!! There's even a river spirit there!
The important thing is people prayed to it too!

And finally, after my long 13+km walk...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Opening!!! Exit from all the enclosed trees!!! Back to civilisation!!!
I just love the light on the greens...

Using my superior intellect, I managed to orientate myself with my surroundings... (Think about it. If you are in a forest for like 3 and a half hours and you are back in civilisation you'll be confused too.) and got myself in a bus stop with a bus back to Ngee Ann, which mean back to Jurong Point which I caught my movie, 'Scary Movie 4!!!' Its SO FUNNY!!! I love it.
Life is full of laughter hidden beneath those tears.

Ok, that pretty much concludes my KYO. Things learnt is things gained. Things understand must be revised to be gained. And thus becomes my motto.
Presenting...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The new Boon Lay Bus Interchange!!!

Its so new and spanky looking...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And yes, a bit conforming looking.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The new roads are so wide!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The busparks are sooo big!!! Not like the old ones...

And you what,
Things around me change all the time, and why not me? If I don't, how am I to be happy in the ever changing environment?
I must be versatile, yet no lose my core self in the world, and with passion, conviction and sense-of-self, I will step into this ever changing world and be someone that will write my own history in the books.

Cheers.


alexangelos made an imprint at 7/02/2006 12:43:00 AM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011