+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Poly Forum 2006

As you will already know, I tried not to tell grandmother stories nowadays, prefering to say my blog stories with point forms. So here goes:

Day 1.

The air-con in the ballrooms which we had our breakout sessions are so cold. Whats worse than having a full bladder? Having a full bladder and hearing people give presentations.

PoiFull (our sub theme 3 board game team nick) gave Hui Xin a birthday celebration. The cake was good. Too creamy, but good.

Played heart attack. Lost. Had to take sanitary pads from a girl as forfeit. Seriously, whats wrong about asking for sanitary pads? Its not like I have to strip naked or something right?

One thing about Poly Forum is that the food is GOOD. This is the best camp food I've ever eaten. The food is buffet style, with wine glasses to hold drinks, porcelin plates and silver forks and spoons to eat.

Day 2:

Had Amazing Race. And it is the best Amazing Race I've ever went to!!!
(At this moment I simply has no more mood to blog, so I'm going to point form everything)

Never knew Indian food can be so tasty. There's these sauce that looks like vomit but tastes absolutely great with some naan (Indian bread) and chapati!!!

Our lantern, which looks like a dragonboat, is aptly named 'Leadership'.

Our groups has some tai tais who think this is amazing walk.

One of the stations need us to use a traditional chinese scale to weigh exact amounts of herbs. I volunteered and I got the exact weight of the herbs that is needed!!! So proud of myself. :)

Kevin got hit by bird shit.

I literally started the whole hoo-haa about using wine glasses to make music in Poly Forum. Shao Hong was very annoyed by the sound. I love it. I think its the sound of the heavens.

Indian meal uses banana leaves as plates, so after the meal, you have to fold them. If you want to come back again, you fold towards you, if you don't, like in the case of a funeral, you fold away from you. The thing is, you fold only once. But I folded twice!!! It may not be funny now but it was if you were there.

Day 3:

We turned Shao Hong into a merman. But many people seemed to get the concept wrong. We are supposed to make merman, not mermaid. But in the end, a mer-transversite got the first prize anyways.

Day 4:

Many reflections that I did myself. This was a very pessimistic day for me.

Got slapped by Sam while dancing the TP mass dance.

Some photos to remember this camp by:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Poly Forum sub theme 3 Board Game team aka Poifull!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Poly Forum sub theme 3!!!


alexangelos made an imprint at 9/21/2006 11:01:00 PM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011