+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fine Threads

Made a ring this Monday, with 'Fate' engraved behind it. Lost my previous rings. This current ring is very simple in design, obsidian in colour, and thus can be worn in all kinds of situations.

I've always bought clothes, dye hair, orwear accessaries that either provoke contravesy (charm bracelets or are loud and colourful (vest, pink shirts) . My mom have this saying: if you buy something to wear, make sure everyone can see it. Don't do a face surgery where noone can see the difference.
But now, I realised most of the time, nowadays, the clothes that I wear are those bought out of necessity, not because of fashion (which I admit that I quite fail in that category).

The reason that I feel why I'm not as well liked as I can be is because I tried very hard not to be hated. most of the time this happens. I am not myself. I try to care about other people's feelings (which often leads to disaster), I am really petty, but doesn't want to show it out, thus creating a conflict of interest on what I should do and what I want to do (normally, doing things I want to do feels much better)

I realised if I cared about everyones feelings, I will end up storing so much resentment and hatred that I will lash out at some unsuspecting and cause even more trouble. As I've said, I am a very petty person who really take criticisms too hard. So when I am not taken seriously, I really hate it.

I love being with my friends, like Jing Xiu and Kuan Liang. Why? They are like the best people in the world cause they have no hidden agenda, and they talk well, and their jokes are really jokes, not those jokes that some smart asses crack to humiliate you.

My refusal to stand up for what I really am, for what I want to do, is really killing me. I am the top student, so be it. I dare not say it cause I feel that I don't deserve it: someone more hardworking should get it. Everytime someone asked me for my results and my status in Poly I feel ambarrassed, even ashamed to tell them I'm the top student. To make me feel less ambarrassed, I usually berate about being top student 'is nothing', which causes more mistunderstandings.
Yes, I am by nature a proud person, but I am not so proud as to hang my achievements all over my body for all to see.
Also, I am so restrained about what I feel about others. If I keep bottling my like for someone, I will surely crack one day and do stupid and painful things. This, is dumb. I have no doubt about my secual orientation, and when someone make jokes about it, to I tend to feel offended. Why? Because I still feel resentment on why I am not the same as the others, why I happened to like people of the same sex. Its really frustrating to speak in a way that 'I'm gay but I don't want people to know I'm gay'. It swells, really. The more I get into talks like these, the more I try to hide, the more problem I will cause myself, and the more they'll find out. So now, my status at things like that is to keep numb about my sexuality until someone actually ask me about it. For me, I find both ends adorable, though I lean closer to the male side. Its pretty practical, cause as you can see nowadays, girls are increasingly looking the same, and I bored very easily. I realised all my hiding has caused me to lose track of what I really am. Its really the same whether you are loving a guy or a girl. Loving a guy doesn't mean you can screw all over the place, its just mean you can't get married easily and you won't get babies naturally. You still have got to have the care and concern and the love there to make it work.

Things that happen that will make me ambarassed:

Undress in a group or unconcealed place. (bathing too)
Talking about sexuality.
Talking about my studies.
People commenting on my looks.

I've also realised I shouldn't spare too much attention on whether I'm gay or whatever cause it does me no good to my future endeavours. Because I am so engrossed in the 'I am gay no I am not' kind of stupid arguement that has made me brittle and made me easily snap. No matter what sexuality, religion and colour I am, I will still be the Alex Lim that everyone love and cherish.

Which kind of come to the fact about my name Alex.
I called myself Alex because I hated my chinese name. But now I come to realise that my hate of my original name stem from the fact that I hate myself fundamentally, which cause more personality dyfunctionality on my part. Iwanted a new start, but how can I get a new start when I hate myself everytime I change for the better? Its very much like giving a person with stomachache flu tablets. It is not the solution.

Its very dumb for me to do all the things I do cause it happened to fall in the line of 'I like birds but I hate birds' or 'I hate people who kill but I kill'. These are very infantile tendancies which i possess right now. I realised that what I really need to do is to make choices, and follow them through. I cannot make half hearted choices and then say, in the end, 'see it doesn't work'. Its not fair. Its not fair for me to be the top student but not tell everyone about it but I like to let people know because it makes me feel able but I don't want to...' kind of crap. I want to be top student, yet I hate to be known as the top student. What kind of crap shit fuck is that? But its what I feel sometimes, and this I have to address.

There you go.

And the funny thing about all my sudden revalations is that I came upon them while I was watching Hana Kimi. I love watching teen drama like these. The reason being the main characters of these drama usually get what they want. They also possess great drive and endurance, which is why they get what they want in the first place. Most importantly, they know what they want and work towards that goal. All these are very valuable qualities to me, qualities which I fundamentally possess in scarce quantities. I hope that one day, I will be happy forever consistantly.

But for now, I''ll appreciate the few and far between laughters and joys.


alexangelos made an imprint at 2/28/2007 02:01:00 AM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011