+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Monday, April 30, 2007

Chess Camp 2007: Camp Fusion

Here's Alex reporting on Chess Camp 2007: Camp Fusion!!!

Highlights of Camp Fusion:

All through the night chess playing
In this camp, we used all of our free time (including sleeping time) to play chess! Yes! All the Chess Club people, freshies, senior, all of us are so passionate about Chess that we 'ton' all night playing it! Wooo haaa! Chess Club has hope for the future!

Sentosa Amazing Race (treasure hunt)
The race is damn fun. Our group is very 'on' to get the things needed. Our girls literally has Byakugan: they can see in a directions, hunting foreign tourists and asking for their coins! So proud of them. I, the all knowing guide (ok, not so all knowing) of Sentosa have some uses too. We also went to the Hippo-variant bus of Sentosa (which, thanks to the treasure hunt, we know it has a green and red licence plate) where we hunted for 'have a nice day' signs and the Ficus Bus Stop. We missed it the first time and had to go one more round just to capture it right! Hohoho the burning Youth Passion Awakens!!! Hahaha!!! We are like people in a safari, hunting for people and signs! Really exciting! We went to the top of Mt Imbiah (Which I dare say you guys hve never been to). We have to climb the legendary 40 steps to reach there, and the view is great and there's all those batteries (mind you, places which whole cannons, not those thingys thats feeled with mercury and powers your PSP) which looked real cool! There's also a place there that looks like a summoning circle!
After the race, we felt like we know Sentosa's every rock and tree very well!

Waterbomb Mega Showdown
We made our bombs, and boy do we use them well! We were expected to thrash the targets (which is a target made of newspaper, not made of Gamemasters) but in the end our target was the same, no matter which group we are in. The loser (which was us, which I think isn't fair cause we thrashed their target like less than 1 min but the game still continued and in the end both targets are destroyed but they win cause they have a small scrap of paper left on their hola hoop.) had to drink McDonalds chilli with water which I can't eat cause I can't eat garlic (no I'm not a vampire)

Nightwalk
We talked ghost stories, and we talked religion (more on that later). The night walk have us walk in fours and go into a room where we have to solve mysteries. Damn fun!!! I think we should have more night walks that allow us to think instead of just scaring the balls out of us.
I find it hard to talk about religion. One guy told me he's interested in paganism. He told me that he constantly feels Satan beside him, but he feels Buddha is with him. He wishes me to teach him the ways of Paganism. What can I do? What can I say? I can't say that Satan is good, and I can't say Buddha is bad either, cause they are of their own respective religion. I've alsofound he finds Paganism fun, which I am strongly against anyone joining a religion for. Religion is not for fun. Its a commitment, a belief that will last you and empower you.
I am not eager to start converting people to my religion yet. I believe that Fate will show me and tell me who is Her chosen ones. As such, I give vague ideas and concept to people about Paganism (which I am practising, even if its just a branch) and if they wish to persue further, than I can give more guidance (with Fate's approval)
So ya.
One thing Shi Jia say about me is very amusing to me. I find it a complement, though I felt some reprecussions of sorts to his words. he told everyone (in a joking manner) that they must be careful of me cause I'm a 'wolf in sheeps clothing' (due to the 'human anatomy' lesson I gave him and Chen Le once) and that I'm very good at 'brainwashing' people. Well, this of course I feel might make people (especially ignorant ones) that all pagans are maniplative, sick and sex crazed people, which we are not. So people, when you are giving comments next time, please think of the subtle hints which you are giving people, even if you don't mean it.

The only bad thing about the camp is the food sucks. BIG TIME.

Actually, the camp made me think, made me know more about myself, as I've ask Fate to grant me.
A junior particularly struck me. His personality is so like me, intelligent but pessimistic about life (not that I BHB, but ya intelligent is the word to use) . I found myself persuading him that life and love is good, and life is worth living, worth loving, which I find ironic, as if I'm talking so someone else, I will possibly say the same pessimistic views to them. Suddenly I'm like the ultra optimistic Might Guy like person who preaches the beauty of love and sex. Ya.
This junior, has struck me another way as he bested me in Weiqi. Yes this may not be a big deal, considering how bad I am at it. But he is like 2 years younger than me. For me I know its ok to lose to someone younger, but a certain pain goes through me, and that is he has 3 years of Weiqi experience, and I've only one, and he's 2 years younger. If he were to beat me in Weiqi, what about those thousands of Singapore kids receiving godlike education in their new Primary and Secondary curriculum?
Bottomline: If I don't improve and upgrade, I'm gonna be screwed by those young brats.

So what am I, now?
I am still someone who seeks acceptance.
No wonder I'm a fan of Gaara and Rock Lee.

Going to realign my bones tommorrow to cure my backaches. Hope it doesn't cause more trouble.


alexangelos made an imprint at 4/30/2007 08:40:00 PM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011