Warning: Long Post Ahead!!!
So here I am, in my stuffy yet conducive-to-play study room, bringing you my report on Pre U Seminar 2007.
Day 1Teambuilding gamesThe first game (Cloth in the middle, cloth drops, say the name behind the cloth, wins.) was ok, the 2nd game, where we became human table soccer (spooseball or something like that.) was dangerous but exciting (my pelvis was slamed by a ball 4-5 times, and I slamed a girls pelvis many times)
LunchLunch was fab. Why? You get to use this!!!

With the lunch coupon, you can get food from any store in the canteen! And there's a Western Food store!!! Yeah!!!
But really, should have cut the coupons for us. We specially brought scissors by their reminder just to cut this stupid coupons. Bleah.
The drinks sucks. Its coloured plain water. Seriously. Its obvious the people who prepared it did not go for camps before. The best drink throughout the whole camp? Iced Water.
Special ProgrammeUltra cool! We went to SIA training centre, and I really learned alot.
I GET TO GET IN AND SIT IN A COCKPIT!!!
(Sorry I've the photo but I can't put it up cause SIA does not allow =( )
Ok, I'm not actually in a real cockpit, but in a simulator cockpit, that looks exactly like the real cockpit, cost 4 million US dollars, and cost $4000 per trip. The interior of the cockpit look like watching Singapore with a birds eye view at night, where or the tiny and sparking lights brighten up the night sky... ya the cockpit looks like that.
No I don't get to fly the simulator.
And no the simulator don't crash and burn if you slam it to the ground. (in the simulation)
They've this pool that generate waves too!!! Wanted to jump in and swim! But come to think of it, thank goodness I did not. I'll most likely drown.
The giant ballon slide you see in those tv and movies when the plane has any emergency? ITS RIGHT THERE!!! (Sorry can't show the photo.) Me and lots of SG1 peeps wanted to just ask the guy of we can like play on the slide but of course in the end none of us did, cause we new the obvious answer (which, for dumb people, starts with N and ends with a vowel)
SupperSpring rolls. Wait! 2 spring rolls! Yay.
And yes, no coupons, no spring rolls.
And the bath was great. The best ever bath in my entire history of camping or going abroad. There's heater and it works.
Day 2Morning CallI woke up at 5.30. Ok, for those JC peeps out there its the normal time to wake up but I DON'T WAKE UP THAT EARLY!!! One reason why I hate camps.
BreakfastWhats the breakfast? Some oily food that I absolutely detest, but stuffed in my mouth so I don't faint or gastric halfway.
Opening Ceremony1 word. Ok, 2 words. Sleep, and boring. The whole thing is 2 hours 15 mins. There was the press, yes, and they were fliming everyone, and my group was seating 5 rows from the front. So close to the VVIP. And yet I sleep. It was very boring. And I suddenly woke up cause I heard the VVIP during Q&A saying the word 'Homosexual' and some things that sound wrong alongside that word and then I slept again till the thing ended.
Ryan was not very happy with me sleeping. I wonder why. Ya I know I should not have slept, and there was the press, and you never know when they might show my sleepy face in front of 2 million viewers of dear Singapore, but hey, I slept at 11.30, and I woke up at 5.30 (6 hours sleep) I can't possibly have enough sleep!
Ok those were just excuses. Slap me.
There was, however, 1 interesting thing that happened here. The organisers got creative and put up a live sms bulletin which was real cool and fun, and some of them typed really funny (and witty) posts which made everyone laughed. And generated some scandals (which I will not elaborate.)
Here's 1 post which I find very witty.
"This sure looks good on our testimonials."
Tea reception was good. The food was good.
Parallel Presentations 1 Absolutely fabulous. In fact, I dare say its the best parallel presentation ever. Here's where the JCs/Polys present their findings on the topic which they are given. NGEE ANN PRESENTED HERE. AND IT WAS GREAT!!! Everyone did really well especially Joanne! Dionne did good for the Q & A too!!! Everyone used creative and innovative ways to show off their research and thats real cool. 2000x more interesting then the opening ceremony, where the VVIP just drones and drone about Singapore (no offence my beloved motherland) As I always say, students know students best.
Hwa Chong was especially interesting. Their dialogue and skit was very cool. The James Bong speaks real well and handled the Q & A very well, though some people (not me though) thinks that he sounded conceited and arrogant. To me that sounds confidence and clear mindset. Well its a matter of opinion.
Panel discussion 1I did not sleep for this panel discussion. Furious notes copying. Ya. Very insightful.
I really don't understand sometimes. If you want to ask a question, you must be really interested in knowing the answer, and know that your question will benefit all the participants at large, and create clarity on certain points that the panelists have brought up. I really hate it when they give long text book questions that seems like they read it off a script (wait, they did) and in the end the panelist will ask them (in a nice manner) 'huh' or something along the line and they have to simplify what they have said. Really swells. You don't ask questions to prove that you are smart. We all know that you are smart. But when you ask pointless questions, you make us know that you are not smart. Not only that, you are not giving people who wanted to ask constructive questions a chance. Bad.
DinnerMade fun of people's names. Some people's parents really doesn't know how to name their children names. Really. Its sad but true. To protect these poor individuals I will not reveal their names, though 1 of these names sound like something you always need to use when you board public transport.
And poor Eugene's daughter, having to be named Flagella (the bacteria tail like structure which allows it to move.) Tan. Its gonna be a bleak day in history when she's born.
Special ProgrammeOk, we went to the SIA cause our group was supposed to promote Singapore as an aviation hub. So now, using some creative multimedia softwares that some of our peeps have learned yesterday night (the rest learned storyboarding. Both are equally torturing, though we storyboarders get the better deal cause the lecturer was 10x more interesting and there were videos to enjoy), we have to prepare a multimedia report. Ok... so we had dough, thanks to Ryan, Geovenn and Melvin. So we did some doughy thingy... which I helped make... and we have some nice acting going on...
Ok, those who who are made the dough was called the Claymates. Cool huh.


Clay mates just rule. Really. We made lifelike planes (As life like as you can make a plane using dough and hands), a male and a female (which we debated and had fun deciding on whether we should give it better physique or not) and books, which were nice to read, but bad to make.

Lovely.
SupperTou Sa Pau. Oh wait. 2 Tou Sa Pau (think claymates). Choked on one and threw the other one away.
Day 3Parallel presentation 2Boring. Easily the worse of the lot. However, the highlight of the presentation was I saw Mrs Razal!!! My literature teacher from Secondary School!!! She transfered to some JC (which I don't know) when I was Sec 2 so it was real sad. But she's really interesting and I love her lessons. But now she's called Miss Lena so I'm not sure its really her, but the resemblence is uncanny.
Contuary to the boring presentations, I did not manage to sleep. Perhaps it was the good geographical location (I was siting in the front role) or that my friend Melvin was presenting as well. Ya he really did the Q & A really well, very strong and confident. Admires.
Panel Discussion 2Snores.
Saving grace? Water Wallys!!!

The cutest most brillant mascot PUB has ever made. Cause quite a stir in the crowd. We even waved our Wallys at the panelists when they came. Too bad I'm quite allergic to its fur.
Special ProgrammeHere, its cards games galore as I showed the group my Dai Tee skills! I learned how to play poker and bridge, which I suck at. Never won a single bridge game. Poker I got 3 of a kind =) Fun. Deal or no deal was interesting. Then we had Eugene and some of the guys carrying each other in a test of strength. Just a whole round of slacking of having fun, with some people busy with the videos and the editing, and some acting too... The rest of us gave moral support... lol!!!
Oh ya the cards are pokemon themed cards that have very shiny backs. I love shiny things!
DinnerAgain, we have the dinner coupon. And I can order anything I want. And I ordered vietnam chicken noodles. I ask for no veggies, yet I was given coriander and onions. 'Oh they are not veggies, they are garnishes!!!'
Ok. Fine.
The worst meal ever, even though the noodles (which technically is not noodle, but some kind of guo tiao) are very nice and soft and the chicken are tasty. I really really hate coriander and and I really really really really hate onions.
Then I saw Prav eating Waffles with ice cream.
So, to wash off the bad taste of the onions and coriander, I bought a waffle with ice cream myself!

Yummy! Its waffle with kaya spread with chocolate ice cream on the top!!! Yes. Sounds weird but its very delicious, even though its based on a dumb idea. You see, at first I did not know that Pravs was plain waffle+chocolate ice cream. I thought the plain waffle was really plain waffle, which tastes like paper. But actually it has a mild pandan taste. So I made a very 'wise' decision to have kaya spread over the waffle. It turns out to be very satisfying, though it looks... weird.
Jason ate another version.

Waffle with peanut butter spread and chocolate chip ice cream on top.
I'm adavanturous but not that advanturous.
SupperSpring Rolls again. Yum. Really no joke. I had 6. And ya I know how to open them now cause the first supper we had Chris taught me how to open it. Its really simple if you know the ropes, and dastardly hard if you forcefully try to open it (whom Wan Ling discovered in my stead the hard way. Thanks anyway =))
Supper was also the time where we played 'I have Never' This is a game where you raise your fingers and someone goes 'I have never something something something' and if you have something something something then you drop a finger. Yes, its one of those games where all your dirty laundry comes out. Funnyly, I was the only one with dirty laundry. Ok the most dirty laundry. And I was the one who asked the mildest questions. The rest was asking very provocative questions (
I have never french kissed someone before, I have never you watched porn before) or some questions where the answer is obvious and is said just to reduce the number of fingers left standing on the opposite sex (
I have never had long hair before, I have never wanked before, I have never worn a bra before) Quite enlightening. Though this game made me feel weird, as in, I was the one with the most fingers down (negative 22) and I really wanted to lie, but if I lied, the game would not be fun, anymore. Sometimes when I looked back at my life I really regreted doing some things that I've done, but I guess the most important thing is that you learn of your mistakes and build on your strength.
Day 4Parallel presentation 3Snores, though it can be said to be one of the most interesting parallel presentation ever. Why?
1. The people around me are chatting away.
2. I can't see the freaking presenters as I was in the backest row.
Ya. A pity.
Panel Discussion 3The scariest presentation ever. Though I was awake for all 3 panelist presentations, I was asleep for the Q & A. I was awake cause I wanted to ask post a question to the panelists, as there were no poly students that post a question to the panelist as of that day (thank Fate Xiong Sheng did it. He is officially the first Poly Student to have asked a question in Pre U seminar history) I slept through the Q & A when I saw the queue: I don't know its because its the last panel discussion or anything, but the queue can beat Hello Kitty queues. Singaporeans sure love to queue.
yes, I'm wrong to have the mindset that because one Q&A is useless means all Q&A Questions are useless. I should stay awake for the whole duration (which, for me, is real hard) and sieve out those good thought driven questions.
Istana, Tea with Mr PresidentI have been waiting for this moment... to meet the President... The Istana is really breathtaking. Really. A work of art. Landscaping is great. The lightings are great. Should have brought the camera. The security check was tight. Mr President was great. Really. Very humble man. There is a clear difference betweeen Mr President and the ministers.
Here's a dialogue we had with a minister while we were eating (or about to eat, or about to go get something to eat):
Minister: (Insert some hard to answer question)
Students: *Thinks for 1 minute* (At the moment in time, 1 minute feels like eternity. And I was facing face to face with the minister. Go figure.)
Students: (Insert some politically correct and good answer)
Ok, the above might be a little exaggerating, but its somewhere close. I don't know. To me, conversations should not get so uptight, cause when a conversation gets uptight, noone learns anything. Dialogues is when both parties benefit from one another, not one showing another their brains to see who has the superior brain.
The 2nd interesting thing was its really funny how we had to arrange ourselves like some pre-programmed fences that activate and get into position when the President comes and when the President leaves. Really. Its a sight to behold (other then the scenery)
And gosh my dress shoes are hurting me. Its raised, like all dress shoes, and it hurts. Women are really the stronger sex, considering they had heels as the fashion wear.
And oh ya, 'Fragrance Hotel' Ya, insider joke between me and Weitai. Made me roar (literally) with laughter.
And I invented a new game: Weitai (which is actually Hai Tai, or jellyfish. notice the close resemblence in phonics), and I've learnt black sheep white sheep and 8 sian kuo hai.
The ironic thing about this tea? It was a dinner.
Long but fun session @ a lounge which I've no idea where
First we watched WWE, which to me was very surprising, cause I was surprised how little this people know about the wrestlers and their finishing maneuvers. maybe its because I played the WWE TCG before, thats why I know, or maybe its the 3 years worth of WWE watching, and the WWE (in the past WWF) innoculation I had when I was in kindergarden.
And why can't people appreciate catfights? Seriously. The man fight like wuss. Catfights are more realistic. Girls pulling hair of another, doing a snapmare with the hair pull? Priceless.
Then we had a autograph session, which we wrote nice farewell rememberence messages to each other.
Then we played werewolf (a very modfied version of polar bear. note the animal theme these games have. Murderer, in some sense, is also an animal. So Werewolf is like Murderer+ Animal, biologically. Ok. I think too much.) which I must say I'm good at. I'm always good at this kind of spy and thief games. But our fun game is cut short by teachers. And worse still, we played with cards (boo =( ) so our poor SLOs have to take the tekan for us. Sorry Aidil and Michelle.
Day 5
Closing Ceremony
The last day =( We had to do some interesting things. Like waiting for half an hour for nothing. And so is the time where Mr Shamugaratnum (I'm not sure if I got that right) came and toured the exhibits (we were one of the 10 lucky and best ones chosen amongst the 30 groups) he asked "Does any of you have any questions to ask?" And we were like giving him blank stares and then some very very smart guy (I know he's smart cause Charmaine told us his academic history) not from our SG group asked the question for us, which we then gave a breather. Then while Mr Shamugaratnum toured to group 6 or 7 Zhi Hui asked a very insightful question. First things first I was very shocked. Really. WHERE THE FATES ARE YOU WHEN WE WERE DUMBFOUNDED BY THE MINISTER!!! No offence. Shes really smart and thinks through whats she says. Asks very clever questions, like that homosexual question that got me awake on day 1 (And it was on the newspaper, her name and the question. Hohoho. We had a good laugh.)
Then we had the closing ceremony and we were given light sticks and had to form a hoop which we connect to the other hoops to form a long continuous chain to symbolise attachment, bondage (ok that sounds wrong) or something. I was surprised it was not a Guiness World Record or something. Then we sang that Land Before Time Song which I forgottened the name but I memorised the lyrics and tune. This song really stays close to my heart cause it was my first ever favourite song (kindergarden) and it was my first ever movie cartoon song (Land Before Time) and it was the first ever movie song that I cried with (Land Before Time). Everytime I hear this song I remembered the scene where the T rex (Sharp teeth) killed the father and mother of Littlefoot and I just feel kinda sad.
Ok enough of sad things. Then things got real weird as light stick hoops start flying around and it became something of a light stick fight. Then we had people wearing blazers (like me) dancing around in a line forming human chains and shouting nonsensical sounds like 'ah!!!!' and 'Woo!!!' Fun galore. Think JC people are nerds with no life? Think again.
Oh ya, you want to see our exhibition video? here it is (Click below):
Sg 1 Exhibition Video
Compendium of Games/Activities we played
The cloth thingy
The spiderweb thingy
Human table soccer
Sing along on bus
Shoot Shag Marry, the official game of SG1
I Have Never
Chai Quan
Hai Tai (Or Weitai, whatever.)
8 Sian Guo Hai
Black Sheep White Sheep
Electricity
Jamaican line forming dance
Lighttube chain
Ji Go Bah
Chopsticks
Bridge
Tai Tee
Poker
Autograph
Need For Speed: Carbon
Metal Slug
Camwhoring
Give Me Tempo Ready Go (For the record, we played this before the camp, during the briefing)
Wacko, double wacko (Same as above)
Most Funny Moment
Ok, this was during somewhere after or before a panel discussion, and we were talking about the birds and the bees and Eugene started going around on the bus telling people his approval on Pre Marital Sex. We were of course shocked not so much as what that meant but by the fact that Eugene, being such an innocent adorable boy, to say such a thing. We were like giving him disgusted and shocked looks. But then he goes:
"Pre Marital Sex is sex after marriage right?"
Random photos

We love Kuan Yi the Sex God. Hes the man.


Not only do we love our Sex God, we also love our Boy Toy, Eugene!







Polys unite!!! (Yes my body was cut off. Stop smirking.)

Ngee Ann Poly rulez!!! Our dear Principal Mr Chia was there with us!

Me, Dionne, Xiong Sheng and roomie cum groupmate cum schoolmate Weitai. That hoop around my neck is super extra.


We Simply love to flash. Yes. The future leaders of Singapore: Flashers. Lol.

Spongebob don't commit suicide!!!

Our Sex God doubles as a Ah Pek businessman. Note: No drink in that cup.


And finally, me and the rest of the guys acting cute. =p
Wow, long post. Hope that makes up the 5 days of inactivity =)
See you guys soon. 1 week of missing my HLM mates really makes me classsick (I can't believe I said that.) And the homework!!! And the presentations!!! And the projects!!! Well...May Fate bless me as always =)
Cheers.