+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Sunday, August 26, 2007

IAP

I'm starting my IAP tommorrow and it kinds of make you look back at your 2 & 1/2 years of NP life. It has its exciting parts... and its down parts. I recall my experiences with the GLs, the Chess Club, my fellow HLMs, and my IS classes... as well as camps and organisations such as Poly Forum, TDP, Pre U Seminar, 5P... So many things have happened. Yet somehow in my mind, its like they've not happened at all. Perhaps its my old habit again. My habit of forgeting things easily.

And so here I am, blogging, so that I can remember them all for the future.

HLM BBQ
We had a BBQ on Friday... and before that... well thats even more fun to blog about.

I've caught Hairspray, that retro musical movie! And guess who I've watched it with? You'll never guess. Its the one and only Jeremy Yeo! Yes, yes, I'm shocked too. And the cool (or downright weird, depending on your preferences) thing is that the whole theatre is empty except for the 2 of us! So awkward. The good thing is, you can like scream and shout anytime you want, and noone will 'shhh' you! Yeah. Stupid Jeremy mixed the popcorn we're supposed to share with sweeted onces... I HATE sweeted popcorn... they make me sick. (And please don't think wrong) He is nice enough, hwoever, to eat the top part which is full of sweeted popcorn so that I can get to the salted ones. And ya it was weird, but a pretty enjoyable experience, having someone to talk to (out loud) in a movie theatre.

Zac Eforn is soooo cute! That marble eyes... omg... you just want to pluck it and use it to play marbles. And in that movie the host of the Corny Collins show (which is, erm, Corny Collins) has such a flashy smile with the pure perfect teeth that you just feel good and weird at the same time. Very retro and nice. And the songs are evergreen. 'You Can't Stop The Beat' and 'Lady's Choice' are my favourites...

As for the HLM BBQ, something interesting made me happened.

I bought Long Island Tea from 7/11 which I suddenly realised I can't open it at all. So I enlisted the help of my HLM friends, and we tried the scissors, the key, nothing worked. So I returned to 7/11 to help me open the drink.

You know how the nice girl cashier opened it for me?

She turned the stopper. And it obediently turned.

Think out of the box my friends!

I look upon IAP as another chapter of my life that has just opened. It will definitely change my life... come to think of it, it might not, since the last 18 years of my life doesn't really change me much... To ask for change is to me a big risk... I hate change, yet I want it. Zzz, humans are such contradicting creatures. They need change to make their life better, yet they cannot accept it.

To end this post is this incredibly nice quote I've heard from the TV series Criminal Minds:

"If man truly understand one another, they will neither admire nor hate each other."-Some guy.


alexangelos made an imprint at 8/26/2007 11:45:00 PM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011