Yesterday (Saturday) we had the Shoutan Cup which isn't much to talk about, except that we basically defiled the HoD room, which I think some students have never ever stayed in before. Nan Chiau High School is such a beautiful place, with a great garden that is admirable.
Ok we had bad times. Waking up at 5 am to go to Seng Kang is so not my idea of fun.
Though there is a fun incident where I was so fed up when 2 results cards were missing and I've to get it or I couldn't tabulate and go to next round. So I went to the competition hall to search for it. I asked Yang Sensei and he said that its with 'Xian Yu' and that this Xian Yu has gone to give the card. Ok my Chinese is not very good. In case you didn't know, Xian Yu in the right phonics means 'Salted Fish'. (OMFG I had a deja vu! I've dreamt of this before! Me blogging about this incident! Many months ago.) And I was furiously angry at that time. I was not going to be delayed by some other people's blunder. I am the most efficient and I'll keep it at that. My reputation of being efficient must not be soiled. So I stomped into the office, and asked, loudly:
"Yang Lao Shi say that some Xian Yu (Salted fish, remember?) has placed the cards here already. Who is this Xian Yu?"
Some oldbie was 'nice' enough now to say that Xian Yu is actually Xia Sensei. He was 40% embarrassed, 60% angry, but kept his silence. He was helpful again later.
Please. We call Yang Sensei Yang Sensei. We called Kang Sensei Kang Sensei. And I call Xia Sensei Xia Sensei. Please don't confuse us with the full names. Especially when people might misunderstand and accidentally make fun of.
What we did after the Cup, though, is fun. First we have some 'table-talk' at Starbucks and then we went to De Xian's house!!!
And play the most bestest game in the world, Monopoly!
Fun situations:
Because Wei Song got houses at the 2 dark purple properties (they are the most ex properties in monopoly. S'pore version by the way), we were actually happy that we got onto Super Tax instead.
I used a War Machine (Iron man) figurine as my counter. The figurine was like 5 times bigger then the normal counters. On the second game, Ying Wen used the Hat counter, which, when we landed on the same spot, the Hat rested on my War Machines head. Oddly it fitted perfectly.
This is the 2 (yes we played 2 games) games were the games which I drew the most chance and community chest cards. Almost like 65% of the time we were drawing these cards.
The first game we were giving deals and free passes and till the end De Xian and Pei Yuan gave their properties and cash to me so I can win Ying Wen and Wei Song. Yes I did win but then we changed rules (No private deals! No giving of money! No alliance! All auctions!!!) which created a very different kind of game (as in how you play it)
Ying Wen got our rent many times with Geylang road, which is Old kent Road's counterpart. He earned like $20 per trip (Geylang so cheap ah) to the $2500 with hotel (Great service)!. It was funny though with the Geylang jokes.
Ok Monopoly aside we had good conversations that day.
I find that physically wise, I'm not growing, just ageing. That is so not good. I cannot have a 16 years old body forever. heck then I'll be like Issac (not that he's a bad person or anything =p). I always think that what I think affects my physical growth. My face reflects my heart right now: Half good, half evil. When I become fully evil my face will be pretty again!
I have always been waiting. And I always go with the flow. I do what I feel good about at that point of time. I rarely think long term, even though I think about the moment constantly. I know the results, and saw the future, yet I never tried to change it. I find relationships important, yet never tried to build it, or keep it. Considering my drive for success, I am... quite a failure aren't I?
I am very concerned for the Lin family, or for the Lin Bloodline. When I say Lin, I meant All the Lins. In this case, I am very keen to make friends with all the Lins out there, and are very helpful and particular to all the Lins which I come across. I was very disappointed that none of the Lins in Shoutan got higher than the top 50. Has the power of the Lins decreased with the weakening of the blood? (The irony that I'll never marry and have children). I am disappointed when a Lin do stupid things. When this happens, I should prune them away, shouldn't I? To keep the line good and strong...
And when I say Lin, I meant the Kobayashi family, the Hayashi family, and the Lims as well. Though I must say I rarely used the Kobayashi Joseki.
Erotic poety, blinging my accessaries, and landscape designing up on my To-do list!
I am with you everyday, yet you never noticed me.
Until the day I died and went to the crypt.