+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today is a gift, thats why its called the present

Today I went for SLC meeting (which ironically I'm not in the official list ofcommittee), then go to SWA with Ben, Wen Jun, Joshua and Mervyn where I played like 7-8 games with Ben (2 win, 6 losses) and Wen Jun (thrashed by him). Heiz... I'm still no dan standard yet... Well, how can I expect to defeat people who read Weiqi books like the bible? I'm clever but not that clever. I cannot win without studying at least some techniques. I think I'll go Shusaku Fuseki.
When back to NP at night for the training... glad that the youngsters (like I so old like that) are still actively playing and learning Weiqi.

Ok, now about the past events that I've gone to:

HLM Gathering @ Marina Square
6th June, Friday
This outing is super great because there is like so many people! Can say it is the biggest HLM outing yet! (the number of HLM outings can be counted with a penguin's finger. Wait. Penguin has only 1 wing.) There's Kelvin, Jordan, Jeremy, Bryan, Me, Yong Ling, Lin Jing, Doreen, Anne and Xue Lian! Thats like 10 people la. We went to Breeks to eat (which is like after 1 hour of walking to like 5-6 restaurants trying to sit all of us). DO NOT TRY THE MASSIVE ATTACK! It looks like its full of ice cream, but inside is this really faint tasting oreo juice that is just revolting when drank in huge amounts (like 2/3 of the cup, which is as big as a volleyball). And the fish is very salty. Will I ever eat Breeks again? Nope.
After the food (and a massive attack on the stomach, though no shit was made), we went outside and chatted. It was nice and its good to know more about each other.

Lanke Cup
7th-8th June, Sat and Sun
For the first day, I was paired with 3 girls. Lost 2, win 1. Don't know whether to be happy or sad.
The next day, I wore the same shirt as Xue Yi, some girl from Dunearn High. What an embarrassing moment. And the shirt is those kind very cute cute one (As Alvin would say, 'So man' in a swaning kind of way). All I need was skinny jeans. But of course that would be too gay, so I didn't wear it (but considered though =p) Won 3 out of 4, losing to only Jian Hao from NJC.
I think I did quite bad. I wanted 5 wins (being a senior and all), but got only 4. Ya.

Kung Fu Panda
8th June, Sunday, after Lanke Cup
Me, Ben, Wei Song, Yuan Hua and Wen Bin watched Kung Fu Panda. I was like the only one in the cinema to cry when we come out la. Some of the scenes is so touching, like when Shi Fu says that he is proud of Tai Lung, even though he has turned evil, and he blames himself for eat, Tai Lung and Shi Fu's past and when Po held Shi Fu in his arms (Shi Fu was not dead though, a joke, but before that I cried). I get touched when a teacher expresses his/her love for their students, when there is a lovely parents and children relationship, and when people do something for the sake of others, and when a person finally finds inner peace, and dies.
It is a very good movie. I rate it 5/5.

YC meeting, and my future there.
9th June, Monday
Flipped my lucky coin. It says I stay. For SLC camp? The coin says that I should help as well. I find that I have quite a few friends there, at YC. So why not? But then, I'll take a back seat in events, not lending help unless I get some psychological gratification? Well, I hope I can get the satisfaction and fun which I expect shall be my only payment if I do help out here. May Fate guide my way.

Work as research assistant.
The work has been... unsatisfying so far, being that I'm so unlucky as to always work in office and not be outfield for the last 2 days... I really cannot stand air con, not to mention stale air con. And the palms... lol its hard work, as in tedious, mind wasting work. But its all for the greater good. When completed Landscapers would have a greater tool to know what kind of plant can be used under what types of tall plants. Great.

Mervyn and Jing Xiu is going NS like soon! JX is going tomorrow and Mervyn's going on Friday! Really excited for them. I wonder what will happen when I'm there? I hope Fate has a good destiny for me. My life can have ups and downs, as long as it is exciting.


alexangelos made an imprint at 6/12/2008 12:18:00 AM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011