+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Monday, August 25, 2008

No Reward for the Faithful

I've done something that I've never done for a very, very long time: Read the non Life! section of The Straits Times.

Some very interesting news that got me hyped up:

Singapore's table tennis team manager told to leave
'Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) president Lee Bee Wah told The Sunday Times yesterday that the services of team manager Antony Lee are not needed anymore.'
My reaction to this, is, just like Mr Anthony lee's.
'I find it funny that after we achieved the greatest success in 48 years, I am no longer needed. It is baffling.'
Totally.
Anyways, the Fate of both Mr Lee the manager as well as the head coach Mr Liu GuoDong is going to be decided by the STTA committee. Which I feel is ridiculous. I quote Mr Ng Ser Miang, Project 0812 chairman (the athlete programme):
'...Shocked at the timing as well as the manner in which this decision had been made'and is
'... quite puzzled as to how a decision like that can be made by the STTA president (Ms Lee Bee Wah), who has been in office for just over a month.'
Well, aren't we all.

Oh yes, to the ignorant out there, the Olympics is over today, and Singapore our Motherland has won a silver medal, 2nd after 48 years!

With all the Oh yeses, there are some interesting things about the olympics. Or Singaporean sports.
$750,000, awarded and divided amongst the silver medalists AND the STTA. I wonder why they get it. 25% isn't very little.
And we Singapore award one million (I'm sure 25% 'taxed' by your respective associations)to the gold medalist (if there ever gonna be one, seeing that's how they treat their coaches). One million is the highest amount given to a medalist by their country. We really want it. We really do.

Rejected writer gets final word


This is about Mr Low Kay hwa, who is the writer of I Believe You, which I'm sure most of my friends have read before. If you haven't, I am sure you can check a sample chapter at the publisher's website, Goody Books. To quote from my friends, it is so touching that she (and a few he-s) 'cannot put the book down' and 'cried' during and after reading it.
Though don't expect to be happy and contented at his endings: they are often sad and not very happy. If you are into romance and sad teary stories, he's the man.
And please, he's Singaporean writer. Show some support.

Couple struck by lightning at Punggol jetty


I wonder why. Poor guy is in critical condition. Wife minor injuries.

Weather Vane

The daily weather report. So exciting!
Woodlands: Thunderstorm
Jurong: Thunderstorm
Central: Thunderstorm
Business District: Thunderstorm
Changi: Thunderstorm
Singapore, what a pleasant weekend. My father got ill no thanks to the weather (or my singing) and the bed was so squishy to sleep in so I surfed the net instead.

Cuban kicks ref, is banned for life
Dumb ass who is disrespectful to the sport and the Olympics, go burn in Hell.

Though we have Mr Usain Bolt, who is the fastest man on Earth now with his breaking of many records in this games (3 gold medals to boot and his flashy victory stances. I don't know. I think when you break like 2 world records you can afford a little excitement and insanity in you.
But I guess going 'I'm number one! I'm number one!' isn't really sportmanship-like.


As always, Fate has given me a gift today: the viewing of the Olympics Closing Ceremony (not as flashy and wowing as the opening, but still wonderful) as well as the viewing of "Army Daze', the Singaporean movie about (you guessed it) the army life of an NS recruit. This show made me feel that the army is worth waiting and going for after all. Perhaps I can find happiness and joy in the soul crushing place. Maybe its just the movie magic. I guess its the place where you'll make your best friends and worst enemies. My fears are quelled.
You can be sure looking forward to the army now.

I want to put up a pic here, but its so damn long... I guess you'll have to wait.


alexangelos made an imprint at 8/25/2008 01:17:00 AM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011