I'm back from the army, and it sure is a challenging experience...
Journal Entry 01
UnintentionalShadows of birds fills the trees
The freezing rain and wind
blows towards us
Th cold lectures tortures us to no end
Yet these are all unintentionalJournal Entry 02
SimilarFlying like an arrow in flight
Platoons formation before first light
Close and close they miss the walls
Rewarding recruits with the gold that falls
Lock IncidentI was locked out of my locker! I did not use the SAF lock previously because I don't like those turning combination locks which confuses my already confused hands and mind. The key lock worked great, but then one fine day I locked the keys into to locker... which is quite dumb. And the worst thing is I've forgotened to take out some essential items for the lesson (footdrill) later... my explanation to my sergeant was this:
"I did not bring my jockey cap and belt because I have them in my locker which is locked out for me because I have have locked my key inside the locker as well so I cannot open the locker because I did not have the key which is now in the locker." (Yes, I said all these in one breath.)
The look on his face was prizeless.
Anyways I was damn scared... don't know what they'll do to stupid recruits like me that lock themselves out. But I guess they kinda expected all these since they have a lock breaker in their stores, ready to free brainless recruits like me.
I kept the locket to remind myself of my unfortunate accident.
Shit without Toliet Paper IncidentWell they'll give you 2 toliet rolls and thats that. So if you're smart, you'll bring them everywhere you go, or you'll risk being like me. One fine breakfast, I shitted (which felt real good since I've been suffering from constipation in there). The big problem was that I did not bring my tissue paper, or the toliet roll. Which means I've to use alternate ways to clear my mess.
I used fingers.
Journal Entry 03
Change of FateI look into the sky today
Looking into my life
I have always walked on
The definitive safe side
Can't I be broken from
The shell we cast together
Can't I be released from
my torment all together
I know now that everyday
I can't break till I try my Fate
I know now if I want to change
I'll need to stretch my rangeI am.. misplaced here. The early signs of depression has set upon me: poor performance, constipation, poor appetite, pessimistic outlook. Things were not looking well then. My frustration has consumed me then. Being the analytical me, I knew what was happening. And of course I'll let it go through. I mean, who can say they're suffering from depression before, with all the nice symptoms?
I'm not depressed now, of course.
Journal Entry 04
Tainted GlassThe food is bad
Makes me so sad
I cannot crap
I cannot rap
I lose my edge
I'm no longer a sage
I find I'm lost
I'm left to rot
I'm all alone
I do the drills
I brave the frills
But what do I get?
Zero net.Shorter prose, pessimistic outlook? Surely a poem from someone suffering from depression. Cried too, fell down from the pull up bar. Frustrated with my physical infancy capabilities.
IPPT results:2.4 KM RUN WALK: 12.26 min
failed by 0.06 min.
SBJ: 214 cm
failed by 2 cmSHUTTLE RUN: 10.1s
Gold 5 points!CHIN UP: 0
SIT UP: 2
Yes, its two. Its so damn funny. When my partner was like saying 2, the sergeant was like saying, 2 what? And He was like so shocked when there was no number after the 2. Its so sadistically funny. I've the lowest score in the platoon, 2nd lowest in the comapny. Yes there is a zero in the company.Journal Entry 05
Toliet CleanerOf all things, I got to be in the shit that is toliet cleaner. I've also convienently donned the role of the Barracks Damage I/C. It's amazing how Fate grants me new experiences each day. the toliet cleaners were always the butt of all jokes in army movies or cock talks. And I've laughed at some of these jokes too. And have prayed not to be in the shithole. But I did. So ya. Retribution perhaps.
ConstipationConstipation has haunted me, for like 5 days. My section mate gave me all kinds of remedies, Eni, the chinese shit soldier powder... none actually worked. Nonetheless, I've shit the next day, and so conveniently, as Fate would do when she has a sense of humor, when we were drawing arms. Shit twice.
Journal Entry 06
Check ClearI lost my pair of socks
Shocked me off my rocks
The voices of my parents I hear
Brought me on the verge of tears
I never knew I missed home
Till I heard their voices on the phone
And then I a reminded why
I'll love my family for lifeI never really thought my section was the steally bratty bunch, which they aren't. Bt then when you lose a pair of socks thats what you'll suspect. When you are placed in the situation, its hard to curb suspicion. I found the socks the next day, thank Fate. Victor was not as fortunate though, his battery has not been found yet. I hope thievery is not rampant in our section. I'm sure its just a misplacement of things.
Journal Entry 07
Booked out!
Well, all the other people was like saying I'll eat this and I'll eat that when I booked out, for me, I don't really care about these things. I'll continue to live healthily and eat what I normally do. Book out is just a release, a period of time where I can go civilian and be free once again. The food don't really appeal to me.
Kind of remind me off hungry ghosts when the gate open.
Currently, I'm mangaing, animeing, and reading the Celestial Zone 21! Tsuru is losing her upper hand after bao Er uses the 2nd type of lightning! And will Mi Sheng survive the 4th Dimension Realm? Evil manga writers like to keep things in suspence. I guess that's what makes us buying.
And I've missed Shards of Alara's prerelease!!! Not a great loss though, since I don't really care since I hate the mechanics of the set. I love the story flavour though, which means I'll buy the fat pack.
I feel I may have to RT in the next few weeks of my book outs. So I may no longer book out so often anymore. No problem, I'm sure Fate and Gaia will bless me throughout the way, and I'll prepare myself for the most memorable BMT experience ever.