So long since I've blogged.
Camp has been shifting to tough gear. Now that we've the new sergeants, some things would have to get used to. 1 of them are real asshole, while the rest are pleasant in their own ways.
Went drinking on Thursday night with Weapons Section mates. Quite fun. My tolerance isn't as good as before. When you drink, you choose to be drunk, and you choose to vomit or not. Everything has a choice, it's just a matter of which one requires more effort. A girl chatted up to me that night, much to the surprise of Yan Qiu and Joey. She then started to open her heart to me and told me her life story. Well it was entertaining at least. Yan Qiu was like asking how I did that, making the girl talk for so long with me. Is it simply a matter of attraction of kindred spirits? Or is it a smart way to get me to buy more drinks? It doesn't really matter to me, since I won't fall to their trap (cause I was one of them before) and I'm really bored then, and a conversation to listen to is nice before the next 'get drunk' game. For me, the trick to carry any conversation is to ask the questions
they want you to ask. After awhile you get the gist. I normally use this method on people whom I wish for them to talk about themselves.
I don't bother with most in the army with this method because frankly speaking I have no interest in them.
You can never be friends with your superiors, especially if they think they are your superiors. Realised this fact in camp.
I can bowl well! 117 was my best score. I think its great. Finally get the feel of the way the ball goes. The secret is to look at the pins, not the lines on the floor. I've realised that bowling is alot like getting through the ramps in SOC: When you think about how you're going to do it at that point of time, you are not going to do it. Because you think too much and you miss that window of confidence and good angle that is presented you. By going with the flow and jump you are less likely to be afraid and more likely to land correctly and safely.
Louder people who are more articulate are more likely to become leaders, even if they are not qualified to do so. Read this at TIMES.
I think for the most part I've been waiting for others to say hi before I do. I guess thats the big problem. I've been too passive and reactive. I should not be like that when it comes to love, or relationship building. If someone is really good, I should be a ted nicer and friendlier. If someone is bad, I should be friendly all the same, but avoid if possible. I must not raise my nose so high I missed the good people. I must portray a good self image, because your self image inevitably becomes your external image which everyone sees. And you become that. So as I go through this 'act nice and peaceful' phrase of my life, I must also learn to project the kindness in my heart, and the firm and resolute resolve to succeed as well.
May Fate bless me with the will to conquer my fears.