+The writer+

Alex here
20 yrs on earth
since 30th June 1988
alexslowking@hotmail.com

+Yearly Mantra+

"The one true treasure is self purpose."- Alex Lim

+Wish List+
+:Love
+:Big clear crystal ball
+:Chelsea Flower Show
+:Singapore Garden Festival
+:More control over myself

Sunday, May 31, 2009

KYO 2009 28th May

This year's KYO is less tense compared to the other ones, for one I've not planned it very well, and the other I did not really cleansed myself thoroughly the day before. So its my fault. But the potents were great.

Photobucket
Here's where I started the journey: Hortpark.

Hortpark has changed much since the last time I've went there. Some of their displays are gone, probably because those landscape companies who installed them in the first place find that it isn't worth the money for the amount of exposure. Or it might be the blaring sun and poor maintenance that has the plants dying in the plenty. Whatever the case, there's more turf then it was.

Photobucket
Me in water. or is it?

Photobucket
Fishes swimming towards the path... amazing what refraction and reflection of light can create. Many times in our life we thought what we've seen, what we've heard are real. but then what is real? Perhaps only those things which we can hold on to are real. But then what would feelings like love and happiness be? These aren't tangible. These are ethereal entities that man have lived for. Perhaps then it doesn't really matter how tangible the thing is, as long as it has done its job in our life, to make me feel a certain way, or do a certain thing, perhaps I will then call it real.

Photobucket
I'm totally proud of my achievement in this. This maze ball swirly thingy is so hard to play. You'll have to move the whole maze to get the ball to the center of the maze.

Photobucket
Which I did after 5 mins! It quite hard ok. One thing the maze is bulky and heavy, and the ball doesn't always move the direction you want it to. You turn the maze left doesn't mean the ball would move left like the way you want it to. it may just go left, around and around, clinging on the walls of the maze. Control is all about being subtle and the patience for the right moment. I had to wait till the ball stopped moving completely before I can attempt to move the ball, and even then it wouldn't always move the way I want it to. I must learn how it response to the various stimuli which I give it before I can finally get it to do what I want. but even then, it may not always do what I say. Control is never infinite, especially when you're dealing with the living. They'll always surprise you.
To have control over things, you do not need to let the thing you are controlling know. They are free to move whatever direction they wish, as long as in the end, they go the direction that you want them to. What makes a great controller from a good one is the ability to control when the 'end' is.
After I completed the maze, the light from the sun shone on the screen, creating the image of the sun peeping through from the clouds.

Photobucket
I looked up and took a photo. I love light and the way the clouds block off the light to create and even more beautiful spectacle. Pure light will kill any work of beauty (photographers would know how it'll reveal the zit on your model's faces) but light, when partially muted or controlled, can beautify even the most boring of works. There is not ultimate solution, or the definite 'good'. The solution now will become the problem of the future, and vice versa.

Photobucket
The sphere which I climbed up to get a better view of the skies and Hortpark. it is here I caught this:

Photobucket
The sky is darkening. As predicted. All legitimate KYO's will bring forth a spite of rain. The way the clouds slowly eat away at the light from the sun... its a sight to behold.

I moved on for the other sights. I found this at some obscure corner
Photobucket
This obviously isn't an exhibit. Its a wild plant that has grown naturally, for how many years I do not know. But even such a wild plant grow vigorously, and produce flowers so beautiful.

Photobucket
The other grassses and shrubs grow in it and on it and vice versa till you cannot tell whether it has been planted here, or it is wild. Perhaps this is how lie works as well. After you have said so many lies, noone, not even you, can differentiate either of them, because they all look the same. Your truths become lies, your lies become truths, all interwoven till nothing can be discerned.
Though it may look beautiful on the outside, beware and do not look inside the plant, for you will not like the decay and death that lies within.
My life is something like this. Noone, not even me, will look at my core again, for it no longer matters, and it hurts me to look at it.

Photobucket
More mirror magic! Me in a field of daisies!

Photobucket
Daisies are so beautiful. They can't grow in our climate though. but when the Gardens By The Bay comes out, everyone can say that they've truly been in a field of daisies.

Photobucket
Would you say the water lettuce purposely grow near the fountain sprout or are they purposely planted there? or maybe its the uneven altitudes of the ground that cause all the floaties to converge to the lowest point, which is where the sprout is. Whatever the case, its a nice effect. To me, it doesn't rally matter how something becomes that way, as long it is in line with my plans for the future.

Photobucket
Even the drains have a garden. Definitely inspirational for me. Life grows everywhere, it is law. And as life grows, so will death join in the fun. When these two combine beauty is made.

Photobucket
Does these roads look familiar?

Photobucket
I think they look just like Akina's hairpins! For those who don't know, Akina is a real mountain pass in Japan which is featured in the anime Initial D, which has its very own driving game. These 'hairpins' look so authentic! It even has its own shortcuts!

Photobucket
Before long I'm in Kent Ridge Park. First time I've been here. A great view, links to NUS and thus Clementi Woods, if you know how to travel.

Photobucket
Isn't it beautiful to see a sight of blooming Tembusus?

Photobucket
Came across this hidden passage, which I went into.

Photobucket
Photobucket
So many obstacles. Its as if it is forbidden to enter.

Photobucket
Photobucket
After going past all these, in the rain, I finally came to a dead end. or so it seems. I dare not venture further.
In life sometimes it looks like the beginning of another exciting adventure when all there is await of you is another failure.

Photobucket
Came across another hidden pathway. Which leads to...

Photobucket
The lake.
Photobucket
The waterways are home to so many living things, many of which we do not know exist, yet they are there. Is it our sin not to know of their existence? Are we too pompous to admit their existence? I think not. I feel that as long as their lives does not affect ours intrinsically, then it is ok not to know these lifeforms.
That is my attitude towards people as well.

Photobucket
I even have a turtle to appreciate it with me. But it's looking at something else. I have to know what.

Photobucket
Of course. The reflection of the sun and the clouds.

Photobucket
Can't find the living diorama. So I went to another place instead. Took the Canopy Walk and went to...

Photobucket
The Reflections of Bukit Chandu instead. Its like a museum (Yes you must pay) commemorating those brave Malay soldiers that fought to their deaths against the Japanese invaders.

There's even a multimedia show!
Photobucket
This might look like a solid wall, but when light shines from the other side,

Photobucket
Hidden things can be seen! It turns out the wall is just a screen, and when light shines through from the back, the objects in the other room can be seen. What a great effect which I'm bound to use.

Photobucket
OMG its Rayquaza attacking Singapore! Nope its the green Jap plane projection taken by a not so good camera causing this nice effect. Another multimedia show.

Perhaps the greatest inspiration I get from here (from the stories, videos, the plans by the Japs and Brits,) is how simple sometimes the solution is. Sometimes the solution to a problem might not be the correct solution after all. Sometimes all you need is easily procured from another person. One person cannot predict all the possibilities, but many people can. The problem would be to choose the correct solution. In that case, simplicity is best. The answer, as all Fate's acolytes would know, is Always Right In Front of You.

Went back to Hortpark so I can go to...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Alexandra Arch! A beautiful piece of architecture. It is said that I'll like up like Christmas at night. But I do not have the pleasure to wait that long. Perhaps Fate would present another chance in the future. Perhaps with a loved one =p

Photobucket
Oh my. The walk that lies in front of me.

Photobucket
It has occurred to me that if I walk the straighter,more direct way, I might not be able to appreciate the full splendor of nature the designer intends to show (anyways, I do not like this piece of architecture. Its like building an obelisk in the Vatican. Oh wait, they did that. Its like building a Synagogue in Iran. Metal in the midst of nature? Not fitting.). So I walked the long way.
As you can see, the longer way is very long, but its worth the effort. Those who take short cuts take bigger effort and may never come to appreciate the gifts that present themselves in the journey they undertook.

Photobucket
Beautiful. The interlacing of the pathways in such a manner... I wonder if the designer has planned it all along... or perhaps its Gaia's and Fate's will that such is the only way he could have build his paths... Sometimes your dreams will not be built the way you want it to be, but step back for awhile, and you'll realise reality will mold it into a more beautiful creation then it'll be if its left in your restricting mind.

Soon I found myself in Telok Blangah Hill park.
Photobucket
Hmm... I wonder where this'll lead.

Photobucket
A Terrence garden... Its amazing. I don't know whether the designer of the garden has expected this reaction. You walk through this tunnel made up of dense forest shrubs and trees to find yourself in... a paradise?

Photobucket
The garden's not well maintained, and the Bougainvilleas 'Mrs Eva' looks sad but the hardscape and the view still makes it worthwhile to be here.

Photobucket
Again I can't help but take a photo of the clouds.

Photobucket
Off to the Wave!

Photobucket
The suspense created by light and shadow... always great.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Even now the Henderson Wave still takes my breath away. To me, its the most beautiful thing ever built in Singapore. The curves, the irregularity of it all, yet still superbly mathematically sound (If not it wouldn't be built). I love the irony of it all. I would say if I'm a non living thing, I would be this bridge. Everything wrong never look so great and correct. =p

Photobucket
I'm so high up!!!

Photobucket
Which of course warrants a shot at the sky. The spirit of light with grey, fluffy hair (I suspect a perm) looks upon me, pointing with her petite hand towards the direction which I must go.

Photobucket
What goes up must come down. And if ever I want to commit suicide, here's the view I'll probably get.
I had to look the other way. The height was getting into me.

Photobucket
Not long after I was in Mount Faber! All those blooming yellow flowers and dark,long,smelly fruits...

Photobucket
The underside of trellis. Remember I told you never to look into the wild plant? Here's what you might see. Like showbiz and other glamourous jobs out there, underneath all the grandeur and glam, its all crap and dirt and all the filth that noone can bear to look.

Photobucket
The Marang trail. Don't walk here at night though it has no lights to guide the way. The path will lead you to harbourfront, which means Vivocity!

My favourite restaurant Red, White and Pure is gone. So I'm left with movies. It was there I met Jun Ping. And concidentally we are watching the same movies together! Monsters vs Aliens 3D!!!!

Photobucket
3D glasses are definitely great. I think it wouldn't be long before the glasses would make a fashion statement. Just look at the number of those oversized nerd glasses that Christopher Lee popularised?

Photobucket
Me and Jun Ping.

Photobucket
After dinner I'm left on my own. Walked around to see what other inspiration Fate will grant me. it is sad that sometimes cameras cannot truly take what I have seen at that point of time. But then photos allow me some extent of reliving that inspiration which I've received at that point of time. This picture tells me that my actions will have far reaching effects, some of which I might never know till its too late. Like water from the sprout, I create ripples that change the whole surface of the pond. The ripples I create will inevitably affect my future that is to come.
Which means, watch what I say and say what I will do.

Photobucket
Poor guy been up there for like a year or more? I guess it can't be helped.

Photobucket
Some dancing competition that really didn't get me excited. Which is quite sad.

Photobucket
The moon has refused all attempts for me to take a photo of it. This picture, however, has been the best effort I've made. Actually, I would ahve to say it has the best effect.

Photobucket
To end this, I would have this picture to do so. As I peer into the moon, I dissolved into the nothingness that surrounds it all, as I throw my thoughts into the sea of darkness, perhaps wishing never to get out again.


alexangelos made an imprint at 5/31/2009 06:00:00 PM

+Tagboard+



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

+Links+
~+Yvonne+~
~+Friendster+~
~+Blogger+~
~+Blogskins+~
~+Magic The Gathering+~
~+Ker HuiLing+:
~+Poems by Me+:
~+Nick Wu+:

+Archives+
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011