Went on a self gratifying trip on Friday to satisfy (or as my friends would have sworn me saying, sextisfy,) my cravings.
First I was at Botanic Gardens, to catch up with the 'old times' so to speak. Or maybe because I love the Gardens so much because it is, after all, Singapore's biggest 'Garden' I was on a tight schedule because the Sakura Lunch ends at 2.30pm, but I just got to side track and go to 'In Bloom', an exhibition in SBG featuring the works of the amazing Eng Siak Loy. He has the ability to capture the beautiful amongst the ordinary. Don't get what I mean?

He does not name his works, I guess because the works it is emulating are actually quite iconic and there's really no point naming a picture of the Merlion 'The Singapore Icon' or something like that. Still, this portrait of the 'Girl on the Swing' is the most amazing and has made me stand there like an idiot appreciating the beauty of it for 5 minutes. His vision of the Girl swirls the unwanted slush away, capturing the raw exuberance of youth and beauty that the Girl was meant to portray.

He is also a master of details, as you can see the amazingly intricate doors of SBG perfectly rendered by him. You see, he doesn't need to actually draw it to the block. He skillfully drew out the essence of the Gate, beautifully bringing out the artistic fervour of what lies within.

Worth noting is the Star Garden by Jim Forgaty And Alan Tan done up by some school students. It is very nice. How long it'll last is another question. But it still looks very great (as a case study). Watch it before people start littering on it (which is like, now)
And then I came to Sakura. After walking Fate knows how long. I came to end my Shark's Fin cravings.
(Ok the above sentence might be misleading. I really hate to eat the fin of sharks, prefering the gelatin industrial-made version with crab meat. Which is what this shark's fin shop actually is. I totally love the broth.)

A dory fish, 8 Ebi Prawns, 2 Nuggets, 1 serving of Rice, 3 Glasses of Green Tea, 1 Glass of Grape/Sprite Mocktail, 1 Penang Laksa and what I came here for: 2 bowls of Shark's Fin Shop. So satisfying.

Cam whore! I love the beret me and mom bought. Really easy to wear. I go to shops like Fourskin and though they sell a wide array of designs and colours, they are just too big to look adequate. And my head is not exactly the smallest head in the world. The Glasses was bought at Ion long ago at another girls accessory shop (oh how I love girls accessory shops) I totally love it, though its not very practical for me since I wear glasses, and if I don't wear my glasses, just like when I can't see anything, I feel giddy. But hey I die for fashion.
And I was trying to emulate Danson Tang's cute pout. Failed miserably.

Looking back at my past photos, I don't exactly look that hideous. In fact, I kinda like myself. No I don't jerk myself off in front of a mirror like some freak. But hey, I'm slim (easy to buy clothes in Singapore) am healthy (if you don't look at all my psychological illnesses) and my face don't look half as ugly. But I sure could use an oil scrub.
I came out of Sakura amazingly bloated (good thing I wore loose cotton, I don't want people to see that stomach which is non existent at normal times) and going to Central! Central is an amazingly chic place with about 80% of its shops already opened! I love this place for its decor and avant grade architecture.
Just look at this nutmeg themed planter!

I think its this nutmeg theme artist going all over Orchard putting his works. But it sure looked good flanking the escalator. Great ideas for landscaping.

The highest indoor rock climbing wall in DA WORLD! And if Fate allows, perhaps Fate will bless me with a Platoon's Outing here!
No longer am I going to wait for some non existent outing to happen. I am going to organise! And everyone knows how good I am at that. But still, its bleeding into my old life but I must control it and come out a better man. (Ever wonder the relevancy of 'Better Man' by Robbie Williams in point with army men, like me?)
My good friend from Recee tell me about how a batch of our Weapons actually waited for each other to call Mcdonalds even though the money is already collected! I was wondering is this the kind of person I'm going to be when I grow up? Of course not. Going with the flow is passe! Proactiveness is in!
And then I practically shopped at all the male boutiques in Orchard, trying to find the perfect cotton long sleeves but to no avail. Fate has refused my prayers but I believe it shall be answered at Christmas. Fate bless.
I bought liqueur at Von Fass! I totally love this place because of the staff (which they seem to have chosen with care, looks and service wise) and the wide variety of unique alochol and oils found there! A great place for gifts! I bought "Vanilla Dream" which I totally adore. They have the liquids in different vats, and if so requires, they can pour it out into intricate bottles which there are a variety to choose from. I think its more novelty, though where in Singapore can you find a place selling top grade balsamic vinegar and floral oils? Finally can cast a good spell.
A high grade tea shop at Ion! It was packed and the air con isn't working so it isn't Fate's Will for me to have some good quality tea that day. But hey no worries. I'm sure someday I'll be there.
My greatest disappointment came at night, where I went back to Central to have my dinner, at what I thought might become my favourite restaurant, Heaven's Loft.

This is what I ate. Beer Battered Fish and Chips. It tastes horrible. This is the first time I ate bones in a fish and chip. And it tastes fishy at some parts of the fish. My god never eaten a Fish and Chip that bad in my life. Maybe the cook's having a bad day, or maybe he doesn't care. But what makes it so disappointing was that though the staff has heard my feedback, they did not act upon it, like give me a new plate or something. The dessert, which they are famous for, is ok but still, I never come to this place again.
Ok the 2nd saving grace is probably the snowball, which is served in an ugly normal glass. It looks like fruit punch. And its $14. I can buy cheaper at clubs please.
Oh, the nice outer view advertised in the stills? Forget about it.
So sad. And the nice name and such. I thought we have affinity.