I guess since I’ve so much time in the office, I might as well spent some of it doing quality work: blogging. I figured it’ll probably help improve my English to a certain extent. I realise I’m not as articulate as I would like to be. And I’m not very spontaneous either. This is, to me, not optimal to my career. I figured I shall continue to blog so as to keep those brain juices churning.
I thought it would be a great morning, having finally not ‘overslept’ or skipping neither of my bathing time nor breakfast. I was proven wrong when I’ve to wait for eons for the bus to bring me to the 154 bus stop. The 154 (single deck) which I’m in was so packed with people. I kind of expected that because there were so many people in the bus stop. But seriously it came at the worst of times. It is when filled in a bus filled with people with little space to move in do you finally realise mom’s wise words: “Buy a lighter computer!!!” Thank Fate I did not buy Alienware. I’ll kill myself. Or get appropriately larger arms.
As the journey goes on, it started to rain very bloody heavily. Goodness gracious. Good thing I’ve that gigantic clear plastic bag which I have taken from SAF. I wrapped it around my laptop, saving it from certain doom, but my assault bag is not so lucky. I small portable umbrella can be really handy, but in rain such as this it’s protection can be quite limited. I was reminded by Fate to bring a plastic bag, long ago, but my procrastination has done me in again.
It dawned to me that I might suffer a little having not acquired the driving licence. But oh well I’m sure it’ll pass. I’m just contemplating what Fate’s plans for me are, and how I may serve.
Before I bought Starcraft 2, I thought I would probably play it every day, against the world, one on one. Then as time goes by this is not the case. I only played with my friends and if they’re not online I almost never play against other human opponents. I attributed this to my fear of losing. This is definitely an undesirable trait. Another reason for not playing 1v1 is because the aspect of Starcraft 2 that I love is being able to look at pros playing with each other, having fun and showing their skills and strategies on the global playing field. My respect for these amazing players has grown considerably since I bought Starcraft 2. They are able to control great armies with ease, have a great overview of the battlefield, and they never falter or panic even when the situation looks dire. They are so calm under fire. I wish I can develop such amazing skills as well.
Last Sunday I went to the Ikebana demonstration at SBG. I was inspired to create my own pieces of art after the session. It seems that Ikebana was a man’s hobby during feudal Japan, and that women joined in only during the modern era. Ikebana is the art of creating spaces, and appreciating the differences and contrasts between something and nothingness. But what attracted me the most is how Ikebana (or at least, the traditional forms) strives to produce the least amount of materials to create the most inspiring work of art. This minimalist attitude is what all of us should strive for. All living things are not born with abundance. Thoughts of abundance will breed decadence and complacency, leading to the incapability to survive during leaner periods. You may not get those thousand stalks of roses for your design every time you desire. Ikebana uses everyday pieces which you might find in your garden, like the shed husk of a palm, twigs lying on the floor, whatever you can find may be used for Ikebana. In such sense the Ikebana which you can create changes with the seasons. In such way we can say we are one with nature. Such innovation and companionship with nature is surely the right way to live. I hope I can live with nature in such a manner.
In my heart I know I do not like change, yet expect a change for the better in life. I try my best to avoid change. Even though I’m an acolyte of nature, I am disappointed to say that I’m not receptive to change, and thus I am yet unable to achieve my fullest potential. Whenever I go to any new place, I will consecrate the area and make it my area. I do not feel that that’s the way of an enlightened acolyte. The optimal way is to ride the wave, to live with the change and adept to the times. I will do my best to be enlightened soon. I think I’ll do start from the basics: Train my breathing skills and my body to prepare for the challenges ahead.